Senior Full-Stack Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Indagare is seeking a passionate full stack engineer who is ready to work on an exciting platform in the travel space. The Engineer will be a core member of a rapidly growing software development team and bring their expertise to help build innovative, brand-forward digital platforms for our members and internal staff.
What You'll Do:
- Work with our product team to deliver functionality for users across every aspect of our platform
- Help define code standards, good engineering practice, and architectural direction
- Work as part of a team to deliver solutions using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Break down complex product requirements, providing development estimates as needed
- Collaborate with the product team to work through product direction including producing functional prototypes for review
- Deliver high quality code that has been thoroughly tested
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of commercial web development experience
- 5+ years of database experience, preferably in a relational environment
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Experience building complex client-side web applications
- Passionate about creating responsive websites that delight users across desktop and mobile experiences
- Solid experience designing, building and documenting REST API's
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical capability, independent thinking and good decision-making skills
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate, facilitate and advocate
- Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, can be substituted with superstar skills
- 3+ years experience with Object Oriented PHP (7+)
- Experience with GoLang
- Experience with Queuing / Messaging architectures
- Experience with non-relational database technologies (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs in a real-time environment
- Experience with mobile app development (React Native, Swift or Java)
- Experience developing Apps that support full internationalization
- Experience working in a lean, dynamic startup culture preferred
- Some experience in a remote working environment is advantageous
Key Languages / Technologies
- Backend Services: PHP / Go
- Persistence: MySQL / AWS S3 / SQLite
- UI development: HTML / CSS / Vanilla.js
- Operations: AWS EC2, RDS / Ubuntu / OSX
- Messaging: SQS
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works challenges through to viable conclusions
- Collaborates with others to ensure better outcomes
- Problem solver with attention to detail
- Comfortable with complex dependencies and requirements gathering / implementation
- Excellent communicator with the ability to listen, articulate, facilitate and advocate
Indagare is a members-only, boutique travel-planning company that offers curated content, customized trip-planning and group trips around passion points.
We partner with our members to design a personalized roadmap for their lifetime of journeys and handpick experiences perfectly suited to their preferences. Through our global network of partners, guides and tastemakers, we deliver real-time, honest intel and unlock behind-the-scenes access and exclusive perks that they won't find anywhere else.
Founded by top travel expert Melissa Biggs Bradley, Indagare leverages its global network of guides, tastemakers, influencers and content curators to create extraordinary experiences and bespoke trips for its community of passionate travelers across digital, social, print and partnerships. Our mission is to inspire and empower people to change their lives through travel.
www.indagare.com | @indagaretravel | #howyoutravelmatters
Why You Should Join
The Indagare team is the heart and soul of our company. We are committed to a culture that values a generosity of spirit and believes deeply in the power of being kind: to ourselves, our colleagues, our suppliers and our clients. We believe that travel broadens the mind and enriches the soul.
At Indagare, we care about our team members. That's why, as part of our total rewards package, we offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, life insurance and disability coverage, commuter benefits, a retirement-savings plan, and paid time off (unlimited vacation, holidays, and sick days).
Indagare Travel is an equal opportunity employer. This means we affirmatively prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and we ensure that equal employment opportunities are afforded to all applicants and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status/civil union status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, lawful use of any product when not at work, observance of Sabbath, political activities, domestic violence victim status, criminal accusation, use of service dog or any other protected class. Indagare Travel is committed to conforming to not just the letter but also the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment for all. Our policy of equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Indagare Travel, and its applicants and employees.
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?