VP of Engineering
Incident IQ Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlanta-based Incident IQ is a SaaS service management platform built exclusively for K-12 schools that is transforming K-12 workflows including IT asset management, help ticketing, facilities maintenance solutions, and more. Our mission is to revolutionize how school districts manage operational support activities in order to better serve students and support the core teaching and learning mission of modern K-12 school districts. The company's Incident IQ Platform does this by giving time back to teachers who request services and helps preserve district resources for instruction by empowering the operational efficiency of key K-12 support teams.
The iiQ platform has been rapidly adopted by K-12 school districts. Today, millions of students and teachers in districts across the U.S. rely on Incident IQ to manage and deliver mission-critical services.
Since the company's founding, Incident IQ has built a culture focused on product leadership and customer support and success; we are passionate about helping school districts achieve operational efficiency. Incident IQ's company culture is inclusive and transparent, and our team members are respected and valued contributors who consistently exhibit openness, integrity, enthusiasm, and effort.
About JMI Equity
JMI is a growth equity firm focused on investing in leading software companies. They partner with exceptional management teams to help build their companies into industry leaders. Since its founding in 1992, JMI has completed over 150 investments in target markets, successfully completed over 100 exits, and raised more than $6 billion of committed capital.
Opportunity for Impact
The VP of Engineering will be responsible for leading Incident IQ's engineering organization. Reporting to the CTO this person will be a key driver for scaling of the engineering organization and successful delivery of products into the marketplace. Specific areas for supporting the growth objectives of the company include: implementing and executing a hiring plan that will enable Incident IQ's technical teams to successfully scale to meet the demands of the business, maturing the company's Agile development process, maintaining a tightly integrated DevOps engineering culture, ensuring strong quality and test automation and working collaboratively with the CTO to bring new products to market.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with VP of Product Management and CTO to define the product roadmap and prioritize the development of features and functionality in line with company growth goals, customer needs and competitive imperatives.
- Building upon the current group of incredibly smart front end, back end, mobile, and QA engineers establish a plan and timeline for how Incident IQ's engineering organization can mature, grow and recruit strong technical talent, including developing and executing on a strategic plan for hiring offshore teams and resources.
- Set objectives for both products and people driving a framework for continuous improvement based on the Agile development process while ensuring consistent, high quality product releases. Own and continuously refine these processes.
- Ensure relations and collaboration between the technology team, business stakeholders and customers are productive and value additive.
- Provide leadership and direction in securing systems and data along with a strong governance and compliance program that meets industry compliance requirements.
- Support possible (limited) M&A activities to ensure the technology and product organizations are supported in a reliable, scalable, and secure fashion. Participate as a member of the senior leadership team on technology M&A due diligence where needed.
- In collaboration with the CTO, lead high-impact technical initiatives that shape Incident IQ's mobile and web platforms, leveraging the appropriate technology tools while balancing the imperative for high scalability, resiliency and reliability.
- Shape and nurture a culture of execution, openness, excellence, ingenuity, humility, shared ownership and passion as Incident IQ continues to scale. Hold both yourself and colleagues to the highest standard of ethical professionalism, instilling strong values in your team, and foster a community that loves working together.
- Implement an effective organizational structure that balances process, accountability, and scalability with product velocity and innovation.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience; 5-7+ years managing elite technical teams of at least 100+ FTE employees.
- Experience in a fast-growing company requiring scaling of technical teams leveraging a blend of onshore and offshore resources. Passionate about recruiting and developing a world-class technology culture and organization.
- Proven experience working in a rapidly evolving growth environment, working on multiple products and introducing new products and features concurrently based on a keen ability to understand current and future customer needs. Well versed in presenting and negotiating with stakeholders on the interdependencies and options of what can realistically be delivered.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of providing real-time coaching and mentoring, creating actionable development plans, and building and maintaining a strong engineering culture that keeps people challenged, motivated and excited about the Incident IQ's mission.
- A proven track record of building and operating highly scalable, high availability B2B enterprise software platforms utilizing Azure technologies and modern development and DevOps practices.
- Experience with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence is a plus.
- Experience defining security and data privacy policies and certifying the business on compliance protocols.
- Strong business acumen, financial skills, and overall leadership style to be a contributing member on a highly collaborative and experienced senior leadership team.
- Prior experience leading engineering teams at an early-stage company, focused on goal setting, software development, quality, scaling development, and removing bottlenecks and points of failure.
- Experience leveraging data and analytics to provide value added, insightful analysis.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field is highly preferred.
- High Integrity. You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow-through, and do what you say you will do. Don't cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what's simply convenient.
- Customer Obsessed. You understand that without our customers we would not have a business. Everything you do is to promote a more positive user experience.
- Flexible. You adapt as situations evolve and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible for the pursuit of business objectives.
- Execution Focused. Driven by technical objectives and pride in work, but not personal aggrandizement.
- Curious. You have a deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, you are comfortable with that, and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Motivator. You are both self-motivated and great at motivating others. You don't wait to be told what to do and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- Team Player. Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Empathetic. You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust you and share it with you.
Big-Picture Thinking. You are always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that make the organization better.
What makes Incident IQ different:
- We facilitate whole-person growth where employees are able to develop personally as well as professionally.
- We offer an energetic and collaborative environment, Everyone's opinion matters!
- We produce software that empowers K-12 schools to run efficiently, allowing for a better classroom experience for students to THRIVE!
- We provide excellent work/life balance.
- An amazing Downtown Atlanta office location!
Incident IQ offers a competitive salary based on experience with a benefits package for full time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and paid-time off (PTO).
Incident IQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EngineeringView all jobs at Incident IQ