Hourly Rate: $40.00 per hour target
Our client is a publicly traded, global leader in the energy software market. They are in need of hiring a Sr. Desktop Support Specialist on contract to permanent basis ASAP. The initial term of the contract will be 6 months (this could be extended, or even a temp to hire if both contract and client are interested). You will be assisting in the support of a global company, but mainly supporting US users (1500).
This position is responsible for delivering direct, end-to-end technology support to our client’s employees and contractors, while providing an excellent level of service and support worldwide. The candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment, proficient with both Windows and Macs. This role includes assisting the Boston desktop support team with their day to day tasks, such as demonstrating excellent ticket management, covering the IT service desk as needed, FTS (follow-the-sun) support model, address, document and escalate incidents if necessary, assist with Windows 10 deployment (upgrade, replace and refresh), on and off-boarding by creating end user accounts, building new hires laptops, setting up workstations, decommissioning laptops, keeping the inventory up to date, perform printer and audio-visual maintenance, placing service calls to repair all defected desktops and laptops in the environment.
About the job:
- Monitor incoming calls and ticket queues, and ensures that all tickets are handled in accordance with our service delivery standards. Escalates tickets proactively to responsible senior team members or specialists. Follows up with other IT groups (IT Applications, IT Infrastructure, and IT Security) to resolve issues and get information. Escalates issues as needed to management.
- Displays the characteristics of a high quality service organization: reliable; responsive; competent; accessible; professional and credible. Delivers timely communication; understands the need of our users; and provides tangible results from our service activities.
- Responsible for documenting and communicating current issues to team members and management. Contributes to Help Desk process documentation regularly.
- Troubleshoots and resolves IT issues via phone, web, and in-person channels. Communicates regularly with our client’s employees and desktop support team to ensure that they understand how to access and request and troubleshoot various IT services.
- Demonstrates initiative in recommending enhancements and improvements to the IT desktop and infrastructure.
- Responsible for providing high quality, consistent service levels to our employees and customers.
- Demonstrates a high degree of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written and listening communication skills. Demonstrates strong skills in cross-functional teamwork and influencing skills.
- Assists in the operational responsibilities of the IT dept. Helps ensure day-to-day functioning of systems, networks and associated devices with supervision from the appropriate owner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required.
- A+, Network + ITIL, IT HDI Certifications is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in IT or a related field, with a strong background in operating systems, desktop support, security, networking, system administration, programming & scripting, and other IT technology areas.
- Experience with Microsoft product such as Active Directory, Azure, Exchange on prem. and 365, office 365, win 7 and win 10.
- Proficient with Macs
- Experience with any IT SM tool, Service now is a +
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills. Must be customer service oriented and able to work effectively with users of all experience levels.
- Demonstrate Ticket management fundamentals: (assess, troubleshoot, document, resolve, close or escalate) with accurate notes
- By submitting this application, you give us permission to store your personalinformation, and use it in the consideration of your fitness for the position,including sharing it with the hiring firm.
We are uploading your application. It may take few moments to read your resume. Please wait!