IT Systems Engineer
Seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer who will assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of our customer’s internal and external systems, networks, security, routing and remote access. This position will work with external customer support requests. Some travel may be required.
This position is based near our Southfield, MI office, but may work on projects throughout SouthEast Michigan.
Education, Training & Experience
- Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems. Working knowledge of Android and Apple iOS mobile operating systems. Education and training on Windows, printers, WiFi, MS Office, telephony and networking.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in network engineer or PC consultant role.
- Preferred industry standard certifications. A+, Network+, Security+, VOIP, MCP, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP and CCNA.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization preferred.
- Experience working in K12 education a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in design and installation of computer, server, network, and WiFi systems
- Open, resolve, and close helpdesk tickets
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network functions
- Train customer’s staff as needed on line of business applications
- Troubleshoot applications
- Provide information to customers and advise solutions
- Maintain inventory of technology hardware and software for all locations
- Setup, review, and test backups
- New employees, setup, training, support
- Train peers on new techniques, software, and hardware
- Configure network shares and permissions
- Create and remove AD users as required
- Moves, adds and changes for telephone systems
- Maintain security of customer networks by disabling user accounts, performing maintenance on AV and firewall, reviewing security logs
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, have full range of body motion to bend, move, twist, walk, climb, and reach overhead.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Work will be performed in a climate-controlled, non-smoking environment, and other sites and business locations while making calls on potential and current customers.
We offer competitive wages, health and dental benefits, 401(k), vacation package, and educational assistance programs.