Key Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Inaba Foods is a manufacturer of premium pet food, treats, toppers and complements, that is deeply rooted in a family tradition of excellence that has continued for generations. Since 1958, pet parents have entrusted us with the privilege of providing food that is human grade, nutrient rich, and guarantees pet fun.
Our company continues to thrive in the 21st Century. Today, Inaba is the most popular brand of premium cat and dog dinners and treats in Japan, with our products available throughout the world.
Inaba Foods (USA) Inc., is seeking a Key Account Manager to develop and maintain relationships at the headquarter level with potential and existing national and regional Retailers as well as Distributors within the pet category.
Inaba Foods (USA) Inc., Key Account Manager oversees major accounts who generates substantial portion of sales to build and maintain long-lasting valuable customers.
Reports to the Regional Sales Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as single point of contact for customers or distributors.
- Review past and current purchase order history reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Participates in reviews of performance and market presentations.
- Routinely engages with existing accounts to ensure customers’ needs are met or exceeded.
- Extensive efforts focusing on increasing volumes of distributors and customers.
- Executes and implements strategies of the field and product features to match products to the need of customers.
- Provide input for sales estimates for production and planning.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding product and sales.
- Determines pricing, promotions, credit terms, and other bid specifications to customers.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotes and strategies.
- Keep an eye on competitors by observing trends, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Manages expenses to stay within budgeted guidelines.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and business ethic codes. Represents the Company in a professional manner.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing and Sales or related field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in pet food industry.
- Ability to leverage trends and data.
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrates negotiation skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent time management skills and adaptable to a continually growing environment.
- Aptitude to travel daily or weekly or spend most of the day in vehicle.
- Must hold unrestricted driver’s license and driving record that has no more than three (3) violations in the last two (2) years; and no more than one (1) “at-fault” accident in the past three (3) years.
- Ability to commute to the office.
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Flexible - Ability to change directions quickly
- Team Player
- Must not use the term "it's not my job". Must be able to handle a variety of assignments within the scope of the business
"Inaba Foods (USA) Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Inaba Foods (USA) Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (310) 818-2272.
Inaba Foods (USA), Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Inaba Foods (USA), Inc.