InVision is a progressive and strategic recruitment provider focused on servicing technical professions encompassing Engineering, Information Technology and Skilled Trades across Canada.
Presently our client, a recognized leader in the manufacturing industry is seeking a Payroll Administrator.
- Processes and ensures the weekly payroll for unionized personnel is accurate and on time;
- Processes and ensures the bi-weekly payroll for salaried personnel is accurate and on time;
- Identifies and corrects discrepancies in payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing the payroll;
- Assists HR Generalist with verifying accurate payroll and personnel records;
- Prepares journal entries at the end of each pay period and reconciles payroll accounts to ensure that there are no variances and that labour-related costs are properly recorded;
- Prepares employee group insurance and RRSP reconciliation spreadsheet and bi-weekly contributions to Manulife;
- Performs vacation accrual reconciliations;
- Prepares month-end reporting for Accounting reconciliations;
- Completes and meets deadlines with accuracy for monthly remittances such as union dues, RRSP, garnishments and benefit remittances;
- Performs year-end activities such as Employee T4 preparation and taxable benefit analysis and will liaise with the Accounting department as required;
- Prepares annual filing of EHT and WSIB remittances as well as T4 submissions to CRA;
- Represents the company in a professional and positive manner within areas of responsibility;
- Must have post-secondary education and be a Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner.
- A minimum of 1 -3 years’ related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing and unionized environment.
- Experience with year-end processing, reconciling and issuing T4’s is a must.
- Must have basic accounting knowledge regarding accruals and GL account reconciliation processes. Working knowledge of using Kronos Time and Attendance System is an asset.
- Must possess strong organizational, prioritization, communication skills and intermediate excel skills.
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Great benefits package
- Permanent Opportunity
All Qualified candidates will be contacted.
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.