InVision is a progressive and strategic recruitment provider focused on servicing technical professions encompassing Engineering, Information Technology and Skilled Trades across Canada.
Our client, a leading company in the automotive is looking to hire a Plant Engineer. This opportunity is to start ASAP and provides excellent growth opportunities.
- Provide overall direction, training and supervision to maintenance staff and outside suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring safe work practices of personnel, proper management of resources, quality services and ensuring business objectives are achieved
- Establish maintenance routines and procedures
- Plan, budget, schedule and co-ordinate capital projects
- Provide manufacturing engineering services to site
- Ensure environmental and HS&E audit compliance
- Will be responsible for key elements in the safety leadership program.
- Responsible for prudent management of departmental budget including budget preparation and cost control
- A member of the management team with responsibility for planning, health/safety, budgeting and implementing TQM and best methods
- Play an essential role in the health & safety and quality audit process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Minimum of five years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment in maintenance, or plant engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have demonstrable project/management skills coupled with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a strong planner, well organized, able to handle conflicting priorities and have experience in managing manufacturing contractors and technical staff
- Must possess a sound technical knowledge in applicable engineering principles/codes.
- Must be knowledgeable of all environment and safety issues and related legislation.
- Excellent computer skills (spread sheet, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen, and TPM
· Excellent hourly rate
· Opportunity to work with a growing organization
· Great work environment
· Long term opportunity
All Qualified candidates will be contacted.
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
InVision is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.