InVision is a Professional Recruitment Firm specializing in Engineering, Industrial/Skilled Trades, Information Technology and Professional Services within Canada and the U.S. We have a successful track record working on both small and large recruitment projects, across North America.
Our client a leading Automation company is rapidly expanding. We are seeking a Network Systems Manager to join their team.
The Network Systems Manager works closely with the VP of Finance and the VP of Operations in driving the implementation of technology-based initiatives required for the successful realization of strategic plans. This includes working with the organization worldwide to optimize the utilization of technology to help drive our competitive advantage.
The Network Systems Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a positive relationship between IT and all business areas and provides timely support of day-to-day business processing needs.
• Workstation level hardware software support.
• Routine Server and LAN maintenance of backup, peripherals and file system.
• Set-up and maintain workstations.
• Responsible for the technical aspect of all moves, additions and changes in each department (computers, telephones, faxes, etc.).
• Responsible for troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary
• Work with project teams to help implement internal systems
• AD administration
• O365 administration
• Network security including the monitoring and evaluating of all programs, systems and personnel access in order to protect the integrity and security of company information
• Interact with internal employees on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provide answers in a timely manner
• Help determine, in conjunction with corporate leadership, which software and hardware products and other equipment are most suited for use
• Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software products
• Responsible for keeping records of company assets (desktop and laptop PCs, etc.)
• Ensure the security/integrity of data stored in all internal systems
• Manage software licenses
• Schedule upgrades and coordinate training if required
• Proactively suggest areas for efficiency and productivity improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions, especially with respect to new and emerging information technology
• ERP report creating and management (JetReports Navision 2013 R2)
• Manage and maintain network resources, printers etc.
• Development of the intranet via SharePoint
• Gain an understanding of business processes to help identify and explore innovative technology and opportunities
• Facilitate organization changes while providing subject matter expertise on functional business processes
• Work in close liaison with external consultants.
• Evaluate and identify inefficient working practices.
• Provide technical leadership advising on future directions of enterprise systems and how they will impact the business
• Ensure that the information systems are offering the highest reliability and performance possible
• Determine opportunities to automate processes and functions, and focus on developing and improving business processes with the business management team.
• Ensure that the design and acquisition of new business systems are integrated correctly and software and hardware solutions lead to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
• Provide project management for implementation of new systems and improvement efforts using existing systems.
• Liaison with Global IT and ensure entity adheres to global IT requirements/guidelines.
• Adhere to applicable laws and regulations
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a valid Ontario G Driver’s License
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT including experience with network design system analysis, systems management, systems design concepts and troubleshooting
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a managerial role
• Experience in implementing and managing ERP systems and other software upgrade/enhancement projects
• Microsoft administration experience
• Degree/diploma in Business Information Technology or related field
• Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of current developments in the field of data security and data privacy as it relates to network design, system integration and application developments
• Knowledge of network security hardware and protocols. VPN’s SSL, Firewalls
• Knowledge of network monitoring and management tools
- Full-time Permanent Position
- Competitive Benefits Package
All Qualified candidates will be contacted
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.