Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
InVision is a Professional Recruitment Firm specializing in Engineering, Industrial/Skilled Trades, Information Technology and Professional Services within Canada and the U.S. We have a successful track record working on both small and large recruitment projects, across North America.
Our client, a leading company specializes in providing equipment, supplies and service for the printing industry. Currently, in a growth phase, this energetic and exciting family-owned company is adding another Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Field Service).
Reporting to the Technical Service Manager and the Technical Service Coordinator, this position provides on-site technical service and end-user training. The Field Service Technician (Electro-Mechanical) is also responsible for promoting our client and services.
· Professionally arrive on customer site, representing the values of the client.
· Act efficiently and productively always to support client requirements.
· Be prepared with a list of various solutions to the problems that the client is experiencing based on their description of the problem.
· Follow the in-house procedure for taking the necessary parts to solve these predicted issues.
· Review the equipment issue with the customer and proceed to analyze, repair, or maintain the equipment thus returning it to its proper running state proven by testing the equipment at minimum and maximum specifications.
· Technicians are to use the manufacturer manuals, diagrams and escalate the problem to the manufacturer tech support for issues that are proving more difficult in a timely, efficient manner.
· After servicing the equipment, the technician is to ensure that the unit is cleaned and polished as best possible and that the area used is tidied in a way that represents the values of our client
· Remain in constant contact with the service coordinator before and after each service call.
· Install equipment as sold by our client as per the factory specifications and in a manner consistent with the values of our client.
· Perform a comprehensive training session, following the training forms provided by our client as a guide. Training sessions include but are not limited to hands-on use of the equipment by the operators, advanced use of equipment, and operator maintenance.
· To prepare for installations and operator training, service technicians are encouraged to spend time in the showroom practicing the uses and functions of the equipment.
· Before leaving, technicians must ensure that all operators scheduled for the training session are fully functional on the equipment and will complete any task asked of the equipment within the manufacturer set guidelines.
· Repair, Pre-Delivery Inspection, Preventative Maintenance and rebuild of equipment as required
· Meet or exceed field service key performance indicators
· Maintaining tools, parts, and diagnostic equipment in working and organized state
· Complete service reports daily and follow up with the manufacturer tech support regarding requested assistance and/or recommended part numbers
· Other duties as required
· Education in Electrical Mechanical Engineering Technology or Equivalent
· 1-3 years Electrical Mechanical experience
· Excellent electro-mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills.
· Two to three years experience in a customer service role and a professional commitment to customer service excellence.
· Previous field service experience would be a definite asset.
· Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to listen to customers' requirements.
· Sound organizational skills with a strong sense of urgency.
· The ability to work alone and with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment without compromising the service quality and accuracy.
· Travel when required in British Colombia, will also support the other regions within Canada and international trips for training assignments as needed.
· The ability to lift at least 20 kilograms.
· Previous experience in the printing industry is a plus
· Highly competitive wages
· Day Shift Available
· Full Time Permanent – Comprehensive Benefits package
· No Weekends
All Qualified candidates will be contacted
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
InVision Staffing Services Inc.
Get fresh Trades Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.