- Posted: over a month ago
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: SVP, Strategic Solutions Group
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Strategist is responsible for research and will use behavioral insights to influence and craft engagement plans and strategies. This role will collaborate with others to identify opportunities to implement and execute strategies that create more powerful, enlightened and informed approaches that move audiences to action.
TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities include:
- Prepare and present InVision Communication’s strategy POV, methodology and strategic offerings at client capabilities meetings
- Support new business development efforts by partnering with Client Services to identify client business challenges and opportunities to offer company solutions
- Drive success and growth in both current and prospective client accounts, and support the proposal process, including development of RFP questions and responses
- Conduct research, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, pertaining to client business challenges and relevant audience targets
- Maintain a deep knowledge of our clients’ brands, customers, and competitors—and draw upon a strong business acumen in order to understand and translate business strategies into communications opportunities
- Support the development of project briefs that align internal teams around the opportunity and address relevant insights that drive creative development
- Prepare and lead client Visioning Sessions that align key client brand stakeholders, including C-level executives, around initiative objectives
- Assist in the development and implementation of measurement and analytics frameworks that map to clients’ business objectives
- Help lead the creation and management of innovative strategic solutions and work closely with team members to help craft engagement strategies to deliver on goals and objectives
- Partner with Creative to design holistic engagement strategies that include live, experiential, digital and social tactics
- Support the development and growth of the Strategic Solutions Group (SSG) including business plan development, packaging of SSG offerings and service, ongoing competitive analysis, process development, and internal education of SSG.
- Provide support to InVision leadership team on company strategy where needed
- Assist in developing and presenting capabilities and proposals
- Collaborate with Marketing, Creative and Client Services in the development of internal marketing campaigns/sales aides to ensure successful rollout of new solutions to internal stakeholders
- Perform Market research on internal and external solutions and offerings, client advisory, industry trends and focus areas
- Stay ahead of industry trends and currents, and be able to articulate why they matter to our clients
- Support special projects as assigned by SVP, Strategic Solutions Group
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Has exceptional communication skills (visual, written, etc.)
- Confident when presenting to clients, and leading client conversations
- Can distill and synthesize complex concepts to develop compelling narratives and framing for proposals, marketing collateral, critical presentations, and other strategic interactions
- Displays a strong understanding of strategy with awareness of methodologies, trends, and key performance indicators
- Has experience successfully bringing together people from different disciplines to achieve desired outcomes
- Has a collaborative mindset and thrives in situations with many different counterparties and different points of view
- Is comfortable with planning and vision-setting, open to new ideas and not afraid to learn from failure
- Ability to work effectively on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to apply existing knowledge and tools to new problems in interesting and exciting ways
HOURS: The normal working hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. (40 hours a week), however due to the nature and the scope of the position hours may be flexible.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to perform job duties that may include an average amount of lifting (+ or – 25lbs.), sitting, bending, stooping, and standing is required. COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate travel (25%) is associated with this position. Travel for Company related business is reimbursable at the amount allotted under state & federal guidelines. An expense sheet must be submitted for reimbursement.
- 7-10 years in a strategic role, providing services within a marketing or ad agency, digital agency or relevant consulting firm.
- Digital and analytics experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal presentation/storytelling skills, superior writing skills and excellent interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Presentation building/design skills are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, advertising or relevant field.
SALARY: The salary range for this role is from $150,000.00 to $200,000.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. This role may also be eligible for additional compensation. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, which if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
The above statements are meant to describe the general routine nature of work performed by people being assigned to this classification. This should not be construed as a contract or an all-inclusive list of job requirements. InVision management reserves the right to alter the job description and/or position classification based upon business necessity and company profitability.
InVision Communications Inc.
AddressWalnut Creek, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?