Patient Care Specialist - MA Wake
- Expired: December 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Patient Care Specialist Job Summary
Assists the physician with patient care, patient triage at office visit, documentation, clerical, and organizational tasks. Assists with appointment scheduling and maintaining medical record. Daily interaction with patients while assisting the physician in examinations and treatments.
Essential Functions (May perform part or all of the following)
- Follows the patient intake/rooming work in place at the practice.
- Record patient vital and medical statistics for MIPS.
- Assist with reviewing medication history and updating medication list.
- Utilizes standard precautions, complies with policies and other Regulatory Agency standards as applicable to the practice.
- Taking vitals and detailed medical history utilizing E.M.R. (eCW) technology for documentation.
- Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed.
- Monitors inventory and stocks medical supplies and emergency medications/equipment specific to the practice setting.
- Ensures that all ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the provider is presented with all test results.
- Measure, fit and dispense Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Take X-rays using a digital or traditional X-ray machines.
- Handle X-ray chemicals.
- Autoclave sterilization of surgical equipment.
- Setup procedures, prepare rooms for patient care.
- Communicate with doctor and front office staff for efficient care.
- Assisting with wound care and post-op care.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as needed.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school graduate or equivalent required. Recognized/certified as a CMA, MOA or RMA preferred. Must have thorough understanding of HIPAA and OSHA compliance. Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
Reports to: Office Manager, Clinical Manager and/or PhysiciansEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
InStride Foot & Ankle Specialists
AddressWake Forest, NC
Get fresh Patient Care Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.