Seeking a Mechanical Designer with Solidworks, molded parts and medical device experience.
To bring design & drafting competencies into the product development cycle from the early concept stage all the way to product release. These competencies are focused on the Engineering Documentation of the designs. A large component focuses on robust design methodology very early in the concept stages of the development cycle. Limited supervision/guidance on print package content/deliverables, including PDM document management.
- Work with R&D Engineering and vendors to develop a robust product design.
- Starts to develop understanding of PDP & TDP phases and deliverables and business impact relationship.
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to development & documentation of all design requirements of developed designs.
- Involved in all design (fit & tolerance analysis)/print reviews to lead changes to the drawings, processes and tolerances to maintain a robust product design.
- Assist in creation & specification of test methods to measure developing design requirements.
- Selection of appropriate process technologies to allow components to be created as required.
- Assist in selection of ancillary resources to assist. EX: Industrial Engineering, Engineering Analysis, etc.
- Create CAD Solid Models of all design concepts.
- Management of Engineering print package, including adherence to drafting standards, engineering design standard (EDS) and other department procedures.
- Assist or leads in development of department procedures.
- Resource drafters to help create Solid Models and drawings.
- Manages the Print Package deliverables in PDM (creation of part numbers, primary content files, DCM’s, product structure linkages, creation of CR’s, etc.).
- Assist or lead prototype construction and procurement (quotes & services).
- Minimum 2 year Associates degree or applicable technical degree.
- Solidworks or equivalent software
- Mechanical design
- Molded part design
- Rapid prototype
- Design and drafting