Job Title: Technical Writer Associate
Location: PGDP, Paducah, KY
Duration: Start date through 12/31/20
Technical Writer Associate - Position Overview
Under general supervision, performs publication and technical writing job functions as assigned by management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Contributes to preparation of procedures, program description documents, program requirement documents, plans, policies, and guides.
- Performs research for other members of the Technical Writing department
- Works with a variety of technical publications requiring broad knowledge of subject matter
- Responsible for accuracy of content and adherence to established standards
- Perform writing duties of general/routine to moderate complexity in nature according to established standards and formats
- Performs duties of general/routine complexity in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- All necessary training and Required Readings are completed within 60 days
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years experience in a related field. Typical experience ranges from 3 -5 years.
- Advanced skilled PC skills to include Microsoft software
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills
- DOE "L" clearance or ability to obtain a DOE "L" clearance
- DOE writing experience
- In depth knowledge of technical procedure writing
- Advanced to Master Level Microsoft Word skills
FUNCTIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
- Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments) .. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Innovative Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All associates and job applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law.