Job Title: Technical Writer, Senior
Location: PGDP, Paducah, KY
Duration: Start date through 12/31/2020
Technical Writer, Senior - Position Overview
Under limited supervision, performs publication and technical writing job functions as assigned by management. This position will be utilized for interacting with plant SMEs and procedure performers to write major and minor revisions to technical procedures throughout the site. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Prepare manuals, pamphlets, letters and other documentation and provide support and assist in writing and review of all documents for FBP. This will include editing and standardization to established procedures
- Edit, standardize and update material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Confer with individuals to establish technical specifications and to determine subject matter to be developed by publication
- Recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate procedures, sequence and detail
- Analyze developments in specific field; evaluate need to revise previously developed documentation
- May provide editorial and task-level guidance to less-experienced Technical Writers and personnel
- Perform writing duties complex in nature according to established standards and formats requiring in depth knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and allied field
- Performs duties complex in nature
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage. In some cases radiological training may be required.
BA/BS degree in a related field and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5 - 8 years.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Impeccable writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a clearance (if requested)
- DOE writing experience (preferred)
- In depth knowledge of technical procedure writing
- Advanced to Master Level Microsoft Word skills
These job descriptions represent a summary of the generic job duties and basic qualifications for the indicated positions and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all job responsibilities or tasks, as other duties may be assigned. A position detail statement listing additional job duties and/or qualifications specific to a particular work assignment may be held by functional management. The company reserves the right to modify all aspects of these job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary in its sole discretion.
Innovative Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All associates and job applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law.