Under general supervision, provides technical advice and guidance as assigned by management. Typical
job responsibilities assist and support management in evaluating a variety of technical, scientific, or
engineering issues and advising management regarding safety, feasibility, effectiveness, risk, compliance,
operational impact and related considerations. The specific work assignment may include duties or
activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition
to other duties as assigned:
- Provides highly technical evaluation, analysis and guidance to the FBP Management team
- Consults with FBP Management personnel to define the operational issue, need or problem
- Performs research / experiments / studies, as necessary, to obtain meaningful data
- Analyzes available data to provide information and insight regarding the research issue
- Formulates solutions, evaluates options, and develops recommendations / considerations
- Documents applicable data/findings; presents findings and recommended solutions to management
- Evaluates outcomes and provides follow-up guidance as appropriate
- Maintains extensive, expert-level knowledge of subject matter, principles, technology and methods
- Plans and develops special technical/program projects related to unique or controversial problems
which have an important effect on company problems
- Demonstrates the ability to conceive, plan, organize, coordinate and execute multiple assigned tasks
in a timely manner
- Able to anticipate and solve unprecedented engineering/program problems
- May provide work leadership for less experienced technical advisors
- Subject matter expert in field of discipline
- Performs duties significantly complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BS degree in a related field and 9 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education
and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 9 - 12 years.
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently
Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential
exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and
radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous
areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively. Potential prolonged
walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, nonrepetitive,
up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds
requires usage of a two person "buddy system"), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly,
repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking,
grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working
around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf
cart, gator, heavy equipment).
Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and
Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as
but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
ln some cases radiological training may be required.
May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations
and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe
the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities
assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties
as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability.
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin