Security Escort (ACTIVE DOE OR DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED)
InSolves Paducah, KY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $24 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Job Title: Security Escort
Location: Paducah, KY
Status: Full or part time, hours vary
Position Overview: Security Escort
Under direct supervision, performs safety and security job functions as assigned by management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties:
- Greets and signs in/out un-cleared visitors entering and leaving the site in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure that un-cleared visitors and subcontractors are working to proper site security plans.
- Check identification for all incoming persons and ensure all persons have a proper badge with appropriate access levels.
- Maintain continuous visual, audible, and/or physical control of un-cleared personnel while in security areas.
- Perform all duties necessary in accordance with all applicable procedure and security requirements.
- React to all alarms and emergencies, contracting the proper persons as per security procedure.
- Coordinate all paperwork including any incident reports, daily logs and other items as required.
- Maintained current knowledge and awareness of security plans, emergency and operation procedures.
- Operate all vehicles in a safe and efficient way according to all laws, policies and procedures (this includes having a current, valid driver’s license).
- Must be capable of reading and understanding post directives.
- Must be capable of understanding and retaining complex oral instructions, as well as recognizing and adjusting to changes in the work environment.
Work in an environment that is ever-changing, which includes inside and outside assignments where one might be exposed to natural elements such as rain, ice, snow, and heat. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed:
- Must be capable of standing of extended periods of time (10 or more hours)
- Must be capable of walking at a brisk pace in order to maintain close proximity for all non-stationary work
- Must be capable of lifting 20 pounds
- Must be capable of reaching, stooping, walking, sitting, and standing without restriction
- Must be capable of ascending and descending several flights of stairs several times a day
- Must be capable of wearing required PPE for extended periods of time (10 or more hours)
- Must be physically capable of working all escort jobs
- Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively.
- Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment)
- Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
- Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as, but not limited to, wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
- In some cases radiological training may be required
- May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to al all times.
High School diploma/GED and 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 1-3 years.
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with, nuclear facility operations
- Good working knowledge of, and experience with, DOE nuclear facility safety including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements
- Attention to detail
- Basic PC skills
- Prior police officer training or employment is preferred
- Prior security escort work is preferred
- Must possess a DOE “L” clearance or a DOD Secret or Top Secret security clearance
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.