Job Title: Regulatory Engineer, Senior
Location: Piketon, OH (possible, minimal travel to Oak Ridge, TN or NRC Rockville, MD)
Duration: October 2019 - February 2022
Regulatory Engineer, Senior - Position Summary
- The Senior Regulatory Engineer functions under limited guidance, prepares application change and license amendment request packages, and ensures changes to Licensing Basis documents are in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, revision, and implementation of required procedures, programs, and training modules designed to ensure compliance with existing NRC and DOE regulations; thus validating license application flow down has occurred in suport of passing the Internal Readiness Review and, in turn the NRC's Operational Readiness Review.
- Independently plans, schedules, coordinates, and completes moderately complex regulatory assignments (such as preparation and submittal of annual License Application updates or large and/or complex Request for Additional Information, replies to Notice of Violation [NOVs], or submittal of Event Reports)
- Develops detailed schedules (e.g., Licensing actions, commitment implementation, etc.) and monitors/reports progress against schedule milestones
- Tracks regulatory commitment related issues, actions, and subtasks utilizing the web-based corrective actions tracking system
- Stores and retrieves "docketed" regulatory correspondence utilizing the electronic data management system
- Coordinates NRC and/or DOE inspection activities and site visits. For inspection activities, responds to Inspectors' requests for information and processes Inspectors' reports. For site visits, assists in the coordination of those visits and ensures a high level of support before, during, and after as required.
- Gathers and tabulates information relative to regulatory concerns, questions, or initiatives
- Assists with development of regulatory guidance to resolve emergent issues concerning the License Application; coordinates policy decisions with Regulatory Manager
- Interfaces, as required, with company and contract personnel to support licensing and compliance activities. Assist personnel in in implementing Licence Application requirements
- Ensures that input and reviews from all organizations meet policy and procedure requirements for technical accuracy, compliance, and conservatism in addressing regulatory and safety issues
- Independently coordinates with other company locations on issues having multi-site applicability
- Drafts content and format for presentations to the NRC/DOE such as for enforcement conferences, management meetings, etc.
- Develops change evaluations and responses to Notice of Violation (NOVs); performs investigations of referred allegations or submittal of Event Reports
- Performs the Regulatory review of procedures for other organizations
- Possess and maintain a DOE L or Q (preferred) level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eight years of experience working in a NRC or DOE environment, can be gaseous diffusion plant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of NRC/DOE procedures, practices, policies, and requirements related to Regulatory
- Proficient in writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs to revise documents and to generate reports, charts, and spreadsheets
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preference given to candidates with prior 10 CFR Parts 70 NRC licensing experience
Innovative Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All associates and job applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law.