Job Title: Project Support Technician, Senior
Location: Piketon, Ohio
Position Overview: Project Support Technician, Senior
Under direct supervision, performs Project Support job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in ensuring that all site Project Support are conducted in a manner that is safe, cost effective and fully compliant with FBP procedures and all contractual, statutory, and regulatory requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Assigned job duties may support specific Project Support projects, processes, administrative, business services or related areas
- Maintains data in various data capture systems
- Generates reports, data files, and preparation of documents
- Performs assigned tasks according to detailed instructions and established policies and procedures
- May contribute to work assignments of lesser experienced team members
- Provides administrative and/or functional support to the Project Support team
- Perform duties general/routine to moderately complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures, and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
Supplemental Job Duty Requirements:
- Working in a warehouse setting subject to cold and heat while standing and walking during the work day
- lnspecting and assembling respirators
- lssuing Respirators
- Verifying users training in the computer
- ASME 830.16 (2007) - Overhead Hoists (Underhung)
Supplemental Additional Skills:
- Ability to obtain Job Performance Measures (JPM) qualification in Assembly, lnspection & lssuance
- Proficient in Word, Excel & job specific computer programming
- Finger dexterity, due to the manipulation of parts on helmets
- Ability to stand long period of time
- Lifting capabilities
- Ability to train and pass respirator Job Performance Measures (respirator/helmet build, issue etc.)
- Computer Literate
- Ability work in hot, cold dust environment
- Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
- High School diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5-8 years.
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with nuclear facility Project Support
- Knowledge of and experience with DOE nuclear facility safety including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements
- Attention to detail
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft software
- Active DOE Security Clearance preferred
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.