Job Title: Project Support Associate - Records Management
Location: PGDP in Paducah, KY
Status: Full-Time through 9/30/20
Position Overview: Project Support Associate - Records Management
Statement of Work:
In order to meet the FY2020 Records PBI that began October 1, 2019, additional personnel are needed to process records due to the DOE expanding the scope of the PBI from the two areas (C-746-S1 and C-743-T-15) to all buildings within the the PGDP that are not being deactivated, based on DOE letter adding 378.5 cubic feet to the the current scope. The PBI was written requiring on-going records work to continue. No backlog of records over 90 days is allowed under the PBI, by either the FRNP Records Management (RM) staff or by the FRNP records custodians.
Under direct supervision, performs secretarial and administrative duties in support of assigned personnel.
Assignments are generally routine in nature but may involve some confidential or sensitive information.
- Provides technical and/or functional support to the RMDC team
- Assigned job duties may support RMDC functional areas such as imaging, tracking, data entry/administration, coordination with other work groups, document location, reporting and related areas
- Prepares records for scanning
- Operates office automation (scanner, computer)
- Provides administrative support in a team environment.
- Works closely with manager and team to handle any and all responsibilities assigned.
- Networks with other administrative assistants to strengthen relationships and assure coverage during absences.
- Coordinates meetings
- Prepares reports and presentations
- Coordinates or secures travel arrangements
- Prepares expense reports
- Operates office automation
- Creates and maintains department files
- Performs duties of general/routine complexity in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- Background in in Clerical/Records Management
- HS Diploma/GED and 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 1-4 years.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software
- DOE "L" Security Clearance is preferred but not required
- Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes.
- Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the
person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall
purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to
this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by
management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a
InSolves does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.