Under general supervision, performs Project Support job functions as assigned by management. Typical
job responsibilities assist and support management in ensuring that all site Project Support are conducted
in a manner that is safe, cost effective and fully compliant with FBP procedures and all contractual,
statutory, and regulatory requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that
assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other
duties as assigned:
- Assigned job duties may support specific Project Support projects, processes, administrative,
business services or related areas
- Administratively responsible for the total fiscal and administrative functions of a project including office
services, contract administration, procurement, warehousing, accounting, timekeeping, payroll and
- lnterfaces with project and client management to ensure project support functions operate within
project standard practice and procedures and contract provisions
- Coordinates the work activity of all involved crafts within a discipline with the entire construction effort
- Coordinates the activities of contractors performing work within a discipline
- Participates in business development activities
- Responsible for the total operation of all assigned projects
- Administers contract in accordance with policies and procedures for the maximum benefit of the
project and client
- Manages assigned projects and administrative systems
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs all activities related to service functions within one or more
medium to large projects
- Serves as a resource for lesser experienced team members
- May contribute to work assignments of lesser experienced team members
- Provides technical, administrative and/or functional support to the Project Support team
- Perform duties moderate to complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all
approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BA/BS degree in a related field and 7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 7 - 10 years.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge of and experience with nuclear facility Project Support
Knowledge of and experience with DOE nuclear facility safety including technical safety requirements,
processes and reporting requirements
Attention to detail
lntermediate PC skills including Microsoft software
DOE 'L' or "Q" clearance or ability to obtain a DOE "L" or "Q" clearance
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned
facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the
organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential
exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazards, legacy facility
condition hazards, electrical hazards, environmental hazards, industrial hazards, and radioactive
materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Training associated with job-specific and general site hazards may be (is) required.
Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of
force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person "buddy system"); non-repetitive, up to
20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such
activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping,
reaching, climbing stairs, operating a motor vehicle, and noise from operating equipment.
Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
Ability to wear PPE, including safety glasses, safety shoes, and a hard hat.
ln some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe
the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities
assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties
as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability.
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.