Position Overview: Under limited supervision, performs NCS Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in NCS program implementation and engineering system design; which may include duties or activities in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Performs tracking and trending of NCS performance
- Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs) when qualified
- Performs maintenance and supports NCS operability or engineering evaluations when necessary
- Prepares dispositions problem reports on assigned projects
- Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures
- ldentifies and evaluates project issues and problems
- Assists in the preparation of forecasts, quality take-offs and change orders
- Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies
- Performs research to analyze and validate design or theory concepts
- Ensures compliance with DOE regulations and standards
- lnterfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile technical information required for document preparation
- May serve as a resource for lower level positions
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
- Performs a variety of tasks complex to difficult in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BS degree in a related field and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5 - 8 years.
Intermediate understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices
Intermediate knowledge of applicable codes and standards, as well as project procedures Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Must possess a DOE "L" clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE "L" Clearance
Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively. Potential prolonged walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, non repetitive, up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person "buddy system"), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
In some cases radiological training may be required.
May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.