Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor I - Crane SME (Subject Matter Expert)
Location: Piketon, OH
Maintenance Supervisor I - Crane SME - Position Overview
Under limited supervision, performs maintenance execution job functions as directed by Management.
Typical job responsibilities include:
Assisting and supporting management of site FBP maintenance execution management process which reflects appropriate priorities and is consistent with applicable regulatory requirements and established FBP procedures. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Plans, schedules and organizes the work to ensure utilization of employees and compliance with all
- contract requirements, quality standards and budgetary guidelines
- Ensures staffing levels of supervised personnel are maintained in a manner which allows the effective
- execution of the assigned scope of work at all times
- Instructs employees on the work methods and performance expectations
- Provides leadership and motivation to subordinate personnel
- Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives, and auditors
- Responsible for day to day operations of the group
- Responsible for providing direction, training and evaluation of subordinate personnel
- Assists with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed
- Assists with maintaining positive employee relations
- Responsible for group supervision and administration
- May provide presentations to project senior management
- Must be capable of understanding and performing methods and processes
- Responsible for the supervision and effective execution of all maintenance and operations support activities for a small to medium maintenance project
- Maintains working knowledge of established project procedures relating to safety and work permitting, work order systems, planning and scheduling and preventative and predictive maintenance
- May serve as the company on-site representative with the client
- Performs duties of limited complexity in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- lf supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits r Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- Must have the ability to inspect and evaluate cranes for operability then apply sound methods to bring the cranes back into service.
- A detailed report will be provided of condition, required repairs and needed upgrades. The report will include an outlining of all deficiencies, concerns and OSHA standards, and overall estimates for costs and duration for repairs.
- Must have the ability to perform oversight of FBP personnel for Preventative Maintenance and minor repairs as directed by FBP.
- Make recommendations for any major or minor repairs and upgrades on cranes that are needed as directed by the Facility Manager and Engineering to maintain safe operations.
- Associate degree in a related field and 5 years of craft experience, or an equivalent combination of education and craft experience is required. Typical craft experience ranges from 5 - 8 years.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
These job descriptions represent a summary of the generic job duties and basic qualifications for the indicated
positions and shall not be construed as a complete listing of all job responsibilities or tasks, as other duties
may be assigned. A position detail statement listing additional job duties and/or qualifications specific to a
particular work assignment may be held by functional management. The company reserves the right to
modify all aspects of these job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary in its sole discretion.