Job Title: Lead Security Escort (REQUIRES ACTIVE DOE OR DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE)
Location: Aiken, SC
Status: Full Time
Position Overview: Lead Security Escort
Under direct supervision, performs safety and security job functions as assigned by management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties:
- Responsible for providing continuous surveillance at assigned area to ensure that Security Escort personnel are following proper procedure.
- Responsible for escorting all vendors during their time in the area.
- Will maintain direct line of communication with Security Escort Site Coordinator and will provide daily updates on any disciplinary actions, area security changes, changes with time charge codes, and other relevant information.
- Will notify the Security Escort Site Coordinator of any area scheduling changes or staff absences and will assist with modifying the area Security Escort personnel schedule.
- Will perform daily unannounced inspections/walk-downs and immediately notify the Security Escort Site Coordinator of any issues that my not align with the SRS Security Escort Procedure.
- Will become the designated contact point for all SRS Security Escort personnel during the Security Escort Site Coordinator’s absence or upon request.
- Greets and signs in/out un-cleared visitors entering and leaving the site in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure that un-cleared visitors and subcontractors are working to proper site security plans.
- Check identification for all incoming persons and ensure all persons have a proper badge with appropriate access levels.
- Maintain continuous visual, audible, and/or physical control of un-cleared personnel while in security areas.
- Perform all duties necessary in accordance with all applicable procedure and security requirements.
- React to all alarms and emergencies, contracting the proper persons as per security procedure.
- Coordinate all paperwork including any incident reports, daily logs and other items as required.
- Maintained current knowledge and awareness of security plans, emergency and operation procedures.
- Operate all vehicles in a safe and efficient way according to all laws, policies and procedures (this includes having a current, valid driver’s license).
- Must be capable of reading and understanding post directives.
- Must be capable of understanding and retaining complex oral instructions, as well as recognizing and adjusting to changes in the work environment.
Work in an environment that is ever-changing, which includes inside and outside assignments where one might be exposed to natural elements such as rain, ice, snow, and heat. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- 2 years of Security Escort experience at a DOE site
- Must be capable of standing of extended periods of time (10 or more hours)
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work under adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to work in high places (i.e. roofs)
- Must have eyesight that is correctable to a minimum of 20/40
- Must have hearing that is correctable to a minimum 35 decibels above average at frequencies of 500, 1000, and 2000 hertz
- Ability to maintain alertness
- Must possess a DOE “L” or "Q" clearance
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.