Job Title: Fabrication Shop Technician II
Location: Piketon, OH
Under direct supervision, performs fabrication shop support duties related to the manufacturing and fabrication shop. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Performs work in a safe and efficient manner under the company’s safety and quality programs.
- Performs welding functions as needed using standard welding techniques to include, but not limited to, Stick, TIG, MIG; performs brazing as needed
- Perform manual labor functions to include lifting of items that may exceed 50LBS. Support is provided when needed to ensure safe handling of all items.
- Performs maintenance/supports fabrication when necessary
- Operates fork lift trucks as needed. Training will be provided.
- Operates Mill, lathe, ironworker, rollers, and shears as needed.
- Often times must work independently while maintain a schedule, but must be able to work as part of a team
- Other job duties as assigned.
Works in a fabrication shop environment. Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Ability to perform moderate to labor intense work, occasionally lifting heavy items exceeding 50 LBS, non-repetitive, up to 25 pounds frequently, repetitively performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching for extended periods of time.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- High School Diploma
- 3 year of work experience using machines and welding, or equivalent schooling
- Fabrication skills
- Machine work, lathe and mill experience
- Sheet metal experience
- TIG, MIG, Stick experience
- Basic Math Skills
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment test to include performance test (weld, machine test) and drug testing
- Ability to follow directions which may be in print form
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment
- Understanding fraction and decimal conversions
- Quality background in Manufacturing
- Manufacturing background
- Post-Secondary education
- 5 years of experience in a fabrication environment
- Proto-type experience
- Ability to critically think and provide support as a team member or on independent contributor
- Experience in a small-shop environment
We do not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.