Position Overview: Under limited supervision, performs Emergency Management job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities include providing expertise and guidance in all aspects of Emergency Planning, Preparedness, and Execution, developing and maintaining emergency response teams and communication plans, planning and executing emergency drills, and ensuring compliance to internal and external regulatory requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Collaborates with external agencies and third party vendors
- Maintain the PORTS Hazards Survey, which is based on an examination of the facility features and hazardous materials inventories of each PORTS facility, the identification of generic types of emergency events and conditions including natural phenomena, and the potential impacts of such emergencies
- Develop and maintain Emergency Planning Hazards Assessments (EPHAS) for those PORTS facilities that contain significant hazardous materials. EPHAs involve the application of rigorous hazards analysis techniques that provide sufficient detail to assess a broad spectrum of postulated events or conditions involving the potential release of hazardous materials and to analyze the resulting consequences
- Develop and maintain Emergency Action Levels (EALs) that provide a fast approach to the categorization and classification of Operations Emergencies as defined in DOE Order 151 .1C.
- lntegrate the technical analysis of EPHA facilities into the PORTS emergency plans and procedures
- Serve as a technical expert in formal and ad hoc groups assembled to address common issues in the analysis of hazardous facilities.
- Provides local management with expert guidance to ensure appropriate response activities are in place to mitigate incidents and ensure notification protocols are followed
- Conducts risks/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments
- Provides insight into evaluation and selection of tools and equipment
- Provides guidance to ensure compliance with company, state and federal safety policies and regulations
- Very knowledgeable of NRC, DOE, OSHA and other applicable, state and local regulations
- Responsible for the development of Corrective Action Plans for identified program deficiencies
- Prepares department reports, manages routine and special work assignments, and prepares work requests as applicable
- Performs duties complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BS in engineering or a related field, and 7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 7 - 12 years.
Significant experience in the analysis of hazards and consequence modeling software programs for hazardous and radiological materials.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
lntermediate PC skills including Microsoft software
Must currently possess a DOE "L" or "Q" clearance
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person "buddy system"), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
ln some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe
the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities
assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties
as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability.
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.