Position Overview: Under limited supervision, performs Design Engineering job functions as assigned by management.
Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in engineering design and development. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas: civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical or chemical in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Performs with tracking and trending of Design performance
- Performs with maintenance/supports Design operability or engineering evaluations when necessary
- Prepares dispositions problem reports on assigned projects
- Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures
- ldentifies and evaluates project issues and problems
- Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies
- Prepares scheduling, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement activities, etc. necessary to support project activities utilizing professional engineering techniques with a wide latitude for independent action and decison
- Performs research to analyze and validate design or theory concepts
- Responsible for technical ownership of assigned projects
- Subject matter expert
- Responsible for training preparation and facilitation
- Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy
- Plans, oversees, assigns resources and report progress of assigned projects
- Responsible for equipment design and development, testing, review, checking and commenting on designs/drawings/data preparation, engineering studies and report preparation of subordinate personnel
- Develops excavation and penetration permit evaluations for the projecUsite
- Lead role for projects as assigned
- Perform technical review troubleshooting and day to day technical support for maintenance, operations and other engineering groups
- Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines, as required, for performance of designs
- Develops a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimate
- Reviews, compiles and documents all input/outputs
- Ensures completion of Technical Reviews, including USQD screenings, Safety Evaluations, Safety
Basis changes, etc.
- lnterfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile the technical information
required to prepare the documentation
- lnterface with other groups inside and outside the group and management
- Serves as a resource for lower level positions
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to operations and team members
- Performs a variety of tasks complex to difficult in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BS degree in a related field and 9 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 9 - 12 years.
Expert understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
Expert knowledge of applicable codes and standards as well as project procedures
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines
Must possess a DOE "L" clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE "L" Clearance
Work is normally in an office environment at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Some exposure to excessive heat and cold on limited bases. Must have the ability to climb ladders, and steps. Accurate distance, near and depth vision is required. Foot, eye and hearing protection are required to be worn when working outside of the office environment. Potential exposure to heavy equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to perform sedentary to moderate work, exerting up to 50 pounds occasionally, non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds frequently, repetitive, performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
ln some cases radiological training may be required including the ability to wear respiratory protection and disposable PPE.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.