Position Overview: Under limited supervision, performs construction support job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting management in construction, construction support, construction and field engineering. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Plans, schedules and organizes the work to ensure utilization of employees and compliance with all contract requirements, quality standards, safety requirements and budgetary guidelines
- Ensures staffing levels of supervised personnel are maintained in a manner which allows the effective execution of the assigned scope of work at all times
- lnstructs employees on the work methods and performance expectations
- Provides leadership and motivation to subordinate personnel
- lnterfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives and auditors
- May be assigned special projects
- Responsible for providing direction, training and evaluation of Construction personnel.
- Assists with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed
- Assists with maintaining positive employee relations
- Responsible for group supervision and administration
- May provide presentations to project senior management
- May have some budgetary responsibilities
- Oversees investigations of waste management facilities and evaluates environmental waste transportation, treatment and disposal vendors for acceptability
- Develops and oversees quality assurance and training programs related to the handling of radioactive and other hazardous waste
- Assists in the preparation and implementing of approved Construction program
- Makes decisions independently as required to address and resolve problems and to plan and coordinate work
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs the activities related to a specific functional area
- Applies diversified knowledge of construction and technical principles, practices and methods for a range of assignments requiring knowledge and experience with advanced methods, techniques, and procedures
- lnitiates contacts with other construction support disciplines as well as projects, design engineers, and outside sources of technical and construction related information
- lndependently provides comprehensive, skilled, professional construction and technical support in addressing unique requirements and problems which have an important impact on construction activities
- lnitiates and maintains contract with project and engineering management as well as individuals and organizations capable of providing specialized services for unique and unusual requirements
- May supervise and coordinate the activities of other construction support personnel
- Responsible for training of subordinate personnel
- Subject matter expert with knowledge and expertise obtained through progressive and varied experience in construction and technical activities
- Provides technical and/or functional support to the Construction team
- Performs duties complex to difficult in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. lf supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent and 8 years related experience. Typical experience ranging from 10 - 15 years.
Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively. Potential prolonged walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, nonrepetitive, up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person "buddy system"), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
ln some cases radiologicaltraining may be required.
May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
We do not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.