Job Title: Criticality Incredible Database Specialist
Location: PGDP, Paducah, KY
Duration: Start date through 9/30/20 with possible extension
Criticality Incredible Database Specialist - Position Overview
Under general supervision, performs Characterization Criticality Incredible Database (CCID) Specialist job functions to support the ongoing deactivation and remediation project. Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting the CCID Department to ensure data integrity and control, proper user access restrictions, and database functionality, including compliance with all contractual, statutory, and regulatory requirements and Four Rivers Nuclear Partnership procedures. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support the project in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provides technical support to CCID users as needed.
- Creates queries and reports within the CCID
- Ensures the component information is loaded as needed
- Validates data integrity through audits, file comparisons or similar processes
- Will assist team lead on projects or special assignments
- Provides technical and/or functional support to assigned organizational units
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
High School grad plus 1 to 3 years relevant experience
- BA/BS in closely related field
- Computer skills including spreadsheets and report writing software
- Familiar with LIMs databases and functionality
- Familiar with Characterization Process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs.
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.