Assistant Fabrication Specialist
Job Title: Assistant Fabrication Specialist
Location: Piketon, Ohio
Provide valuable assistance to our metal fabrication, welding, metal finishing, and waterjet cutting Team Members by assisting with basic shop skills and helping with daily maintenance. Help to create and maintain a safe work environment for all. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas:
· Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
· Fabricating and constructing metal components.
· Grinding and finishing completed products.
· Remove shop garbage and recyclables.
· Perform light equipment maintenance.
· Assist with safety related activities
· Work with all Team Members to keep the shop floor clean and organized.
· Cut metal material to size using saw.
· Handle raw materials.
· Cut wood pallets and other materials.
· Use tools to deburr metal parts.
· Assist welders and fabricators in a variety of work activities.
· Occasionally pick up or deliver materials and supplies using company vehicles. Maintain company vehicles ensuring they are clean and serviced on schedule. Change shop ventilation air filters as scheduled.
· Other duties as assigned.
Work in an office at an indoor manufacturing facility. May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
Training or certificate in a related field and 0-4 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 1-3 years.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Able to work independently.
- Organized and able to prioritize workload.
- Able to accurately read a tape measure.
- Familiar and comfortable with using a variety of tools (or willing to learn)
- Excellent attention to detail
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
InSolves provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.