Group Home Manager (shift style) for Adults with I/DD
InReach Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
(Employee Full-Time with Benefits)
InReach provides a wide variety of services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This full-time shift style position is located in Charlotte, NC, providing support and supervision 5-6 adult individuals with Intellectual and other Developmental Disabilities in a home setting. The Group Home Manager provides our residents with the training needed to help them care for themselves in areas such as cooking, housekeeping, using leisure time and routine health care. The Group Home Manager is also responsible to supervise 2 other full-time staff who also work at the house. Other responsibilities include overseeing the group home budget, weekly menu planning, grocery shopping, providing transportation, overseeing healthcare, and planning fun recreational activities and reporting maintenance requests.
The candidate for this position must be willing to use the group home address as their residential address on their driver's license. Position includes benefits.
Rate: $12.50 per hour. Hours are M-F 9a-5p. However, the Group Home Manager may have to fill in shifts for staff out sick or on vacation. So, the GHM must be able to work extra hours including doing overnights and weekends at the group home as needed. $1,000 sign on bonus payable in two installments: $500 after 6-months, 2nd $500 after 12-months.
Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Instruction and assistance in daily living skills for residents -- including cooking, household cleaning, personal care & hygiene.
- Helping residents identify and acquire valued social roles.
- Facilitating community integration and provide community recreational activities.
- Supervision of relief staff.
- Documentation on goals and activities.
- Helping residents develop healthy social habits.
- Dispensing medication and monitoring dosages.
- Must be willing to drive a full-size passenger van.
- Flexibility to work extra hours including overnights and weekend as needed.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and are required to have a high school diploma or GED, a valid driver's license, and successfully pass a drug screen and background check. One year of verifiable experience with people with disabilities and one year verifiable supervisory experience is required.