The perfect candidate will have a BS Chem Eng. Or BS Chemistry; Please dont apply without at least a Bachelors in some type of engineering...your application will not be considered.
Will train for 1 year with the guy you will be taking over for ( retirement..guy has been with company for 30 years...talk about a teacher ) ....this is very valuable based on the types of specialty chemicals you will be selling.
Company has an excellent bonus program...some guys have gotten 50% of their salary in bonus!! Thats unreal!!!
- Build profitable sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account.
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the business.
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer interaction.
- Overnight travel approximately 40% of time.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales position within the chemical industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with longer sales cycles or cyclical projects
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
- Demonstrated competitive drive for results
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Possess technical and business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow us to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the U.S.A., Canada, and occasionally elsewhere
- Reside in the Northeast Ohio area
- Salary plus company profit sharing
- 401k with match, medical, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability, HSA.
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- chemical industry sales: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Cleveland, OH 44115 (Required)
- 50% (Required)