Process Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a leading process automation supplier to the North American agricultural industry. We excel at helping our clients understand the benefits of high-impact solutions that address equipment needs, production layout and design, and custom engineering. For 30 years, our expert sales and service have enabled us to play a key role in the “industrial revolution” of controlled environment agriculture.
This position is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of all processes, procedures and systems used in determining the manufacturability of new product designs from conceptualization to first production runs, as well as coordinating like activities for redesigns, updates and/or improvements to existing products. Included in those responsibilities are researching design criteria, determining specifications and procedures to be used in layout design, tooling, fixturing, prototyping and testing, and the integration and implementation of those protocols with both new and existing manufacturing processes and procedures. Concurrent with these manufacturing process responsibilities, this position also will support quality assurance initiatives that are already implemented or being developed. Another critical function of this position will be supporting continuous initiatives in all areas and disciplines within the facility.
This position will require that an individual to capable of effectively communicating with managers, peers and co-workers at all levels within the organization and ensuring that products are designed, tested and manufactured to optimum performance standards with minimal product development time. Those areas and/or disciplines would include but-not-be-limited-to, design engineering, tooling, prototyping, manufacturing (production), quality assurance, planning and scheduling, transportation, procurement, inventory management, product support and sales. This person must be able to encourage and promote lean concepts and provide the means for employees at all levels within the operation to give input, share ideas, raise questions and help make inform business decisions for continually improving programs, procedures and systems involved in overall manufacturing process.
Primary Responsibilities of this Position:
- Provides direction in implementing required design specifications for new and existing products.
- Provides direction in implementing required manufacturing programs, processes and procedures.
- Provides direction in implementing design layouts, tooling, fixturing and prototypes.
Secondary Duties and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Assist in supporting the implementation of product testing and quality assurance standards.
- Assist with coordinating procurement initiatives for raw materials and component parts.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by the Operations Manager.
- Provides major project support for all areas as directed by my senior management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Process, or Mechanical Engineering, and/or other related discipline.
- Candidates with an Associate degree in a related discipline and 5 plus of applicable work experience in one or more phase of manufacturing, industrial and/or process engineering can be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience working with new product design and development
- Prior experience working with manufacturing processes, procedures and product flow.
- Prior experience working with product tooling, fixturing and prototyping.
- Prior experience working with fabrication, forming, welding, coating and assembly processes.
- Prior experience working with and implementing continuous improvement initiatives (Lean Mfg.).
- Prior experience working with MRP / ERP planning and scheduling processes and procedures.
- Prior experience working with implementing quality assurance programs and procedures.
- Prior experience working with sampling and final inspection of finished products.
- Prior experience working with inspection and sampling of incoming parts and raw materials.
- Prior experience working with the use and calibration of inspection tools / instruments.
- Prior experience working with robotics.
- Prior experience working with Autocad, Inventor, SolidWorks, or other technological software programs.
- Proficiency in written, verbal, presentation and telephone communications skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft products including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel & Power Point.
In-finite Search Solutions
Get fresh Agricultural Mechanical Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.