Please visit our website at: www.instepps.com
IN S.T.E.P.P.S. is a young and innovative behavior services company with highly experienced and enthusiastic leadership. We seek independent, creative, energetic, and motivated behavior therapists to join our team!!
*Locations: Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Culver city and surrounding cities.
Behavior Therapist Job Description: As a behavior therapist you work directly with children and families in their home and community settings. You use play and daily routines to teach a variety of functional skills to children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental delays and disabilities. We use ABA teaching principles with an emphasis on Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT) to turn daily interactions that incorporate the child's interests into learning opportunities that fit within the family's everyday lifestyle.
*Benefit eligible once at full-time status and have been employed for at a minimum of 1 month.
Why choose IN S.T.E.P.P.S.?
IN S.T.E.P.P.S. distinguishes itself by offering individualized support and training modules provided by talented staff with more than 30 years of combined experience. As certified PRT trainers and experts in ABA and PRT, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide intensive training and feedback using a competency based curriculum and a hands-on teaching method. IN S.T.E.P.P.S. is dedicated to providing high quality intervention based on the most current and cutting edge research.
What we offer:
- Intensive initial paid training by PhD, BCBA level staff
- Full and part time job opportunities
- Multiple opportunities for professional growth and advancement, we only promote from within!
- Training by highly experienced, published and well known clinicians trained in state of the art, empirically validated ABA techniques.
- BCaBA and BCBA supervision available
- PRT and RBT certification available
- Paid mileage and time between clients
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic benefits for full time employees
- Desire to learn, ability to think out of the box, playfulness and multi-tasking abilities are critical!
- MUST HAVE availability to work from 12pm-6:30pm at least 5 days each week
- BA degree in Psychology, Education, Theater, or related field preferred.
- California Driver's License, reliable car and good driving record
- Willingness to drive between daily appointments
- Valid car registration and insurance
- Must pass criminal background check
- Experience with PRT preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
- Open Saturday availability preferred but not required
Responsibilities of the Behavior Therapist:
- Work 1:1 in the home, clinic or school settings with the child using ABA and PRT Strategies.
- Implement data collection procedures set up by the Case Supervisor to evaluate goal progress
- Participate in all trainings and evaluations pertinent to his or her scope of practice/job description
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other team members
- Attend Support and bring video clips weekly until fidelity of implementation is reached.
- Collect data on stated objectives and bring appropriate materials (including toys) as needed or to facilitate implementation of goals
- Follow schedule as determined by administrative staff and supervisors
- Comply with all reporting