Certified Medical Assistant
In Step Podiatry Center Bowie, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Processing specimens
- Escort patients to exam rooms
- Collecting H&P information
- Obtaining consents and assisting in minor procedures and surgeries
- Maintaining inventory
- Disinfecting and autoclaving instruments
- Taking xrays (will train)
- Preparing labs and giving results
- Cleaning rooms and etc
- Greeting patients in a polite, prompt, professional, and helpful manner
- Collecting patient co-pay/balances
- Answer phones in a pleasant manner and deal with patient's needs promptly
- Schedule appointments
- Update patient demographic and clinical information in our practice management system
- Scan insurance cards, ID's and other medical records into our EMR system
- Verify patient insurance benefits and keep track of insurance authorizations/referrals
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
The right candidate will have great communication skills and be energetic, friendly, a fast learner and great with patients. Prefer 2 years of medical assistant experience. MUST BE DEPENDABLE. AthenaHealth experience a plus.
In Step Podiatry Center
In Step Podiatry’s office staff takes pride in serving the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia community. In Step offers x-rays, high quality digital radiographs, in-office procedures, and podiatric products, including custom inserts and diabetic shoes. It's also equipped with e-prescription and electronic medical records options. In Step knows people have a choice for their treatment and work to ensure their patients are always happy that they chose InStep. The team is dedicated to always being responsive, and providing a friendly, positive experience in a comfortable environment every time.
2905 Mitchellville Road #105Bowie, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at In Step Podiatry Center