- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Improve Your Tomorrow (IYT) was founded in 2013 with the mission to increase the number of young men of color (YMOC) to attend and graduate from colleges and universities. We envision a world where men of color are overrepresented in higher education, underrepresented in the criminal justice system, and leaders in their communities. With remarkable resilience, authenticity, and passion, we work to combat academic inequities and build a college to community pipeline.
Reporting to the Director of College Academy, the Wellness Counselor is responsible for working with students and staff dealing with cognitive, behavioral and emotional challenges. The Wellness Counselor is also responsible for wellness and trauma informed training.
- Lead all monthly workshops related to wellness and mental health
- Deliver presentations to groups covering topics related to trauma triggers, financial literacy, stress management, healthy relationships, self-care, and meditation
- Provide one-on-one and group mentorship sessions to students with the intent to increase the awareness of coping and problem-solving skills, emotional self-regulation, and healthy social connections.
- Create and administer pre and post SEL Surveys
- Organize and maintain student contact data through Salesforce
- Create and manage wellness program calendar
- Develop wellness curriculum and lesson plans
- Coordinate community events and wellness retreats
- Provide monthly training to mentor fellows and program staff on the eight dimensions of wellness and trauma informed practices.
- Conduct biweekly individual and group wellness sessions with IYT mentor fellows.
- Provide mentor fellows with education regarding their individualized wellness plans, any mental disorder self-management techniques, and teach coping mechanisms for trauma related disorders.
- Implement and review wellness plans and help provide crisis intervention.
- Collaborate with additional external treatment/wellness providers, if needed.
- Assists students and staff with, and refers to appropriate public benefits, vocational rehabilitation, social support, housing and other appropriate community resources.
- Maintains all appropriate reports, charts, and documentation, including wellness progress.
- Complete continuing education courses to stay up to date on the latest practices.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Believe in the mission, vision and values of Improve Your Tomorrow, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years required working directly with young men of color, preferably in an academic setting.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Strong interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate others to action
- Management experience preferred
Schedule: Full time with occasional weekend work events
Salary: Annual salary of $55,000-$67,500. Benefits include vision, health, dental, 401K, and 5 weeks of paid vacation.
Work Location: Onsite at IYT’s Sacramento office.
Apply at www.improveyourtomorrow.org/careers. If you have any questions about your application please contact, (916) 299-3432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IYT us an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
** Important Note: Fingerprinting and proof of vaccination is required for employment, with fingerprinting expense covered by employer
Improve Your Tomorrow
HealthcareView all jobs at Improve Your Tomorrow