Director of Technology Services
Imported Auto Parts South San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Technology Services
South San Francisco, CA, US
Imported Auto Parts Company is seeking the talent and commitment of an experienced and knowledgeable Director of Technology to lead our technology operations. The Technology Team at Company includes partners and experts to support and enhance Company’s technology infrastructure, applications, and business intelligence. Company leverages a technology strategy which blends outsource partners with internal domain experts which deliver a high-performance operating platform to support every aspect of the business.
The Director of Technology will be responsible for:
- team development, performance, and management,
- outsource vendor selection, performance, and management,
- business stakeholder requirements and delivery
- technology architecture, planning and budgeting and
- senior management reporting and collaboration.
The Director of Technology will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
About the Role:
The Technology Services Group at Company is responsible for Office Tools, eCommerce, CRM, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Logistics, Inventory, ERP, Financial Accounting and Business Intelligence technology platforms. The delivery of these capabilities is fulfilled by an internal team and by outsource partners for select segments of the operation. Company is transitioning the suite of platforms supporting these operations from proprietary legacy in house systems to a full cloud strategy built on standard platforms leveraging proven industry processes.
Currently COMPANY utilizes a variety of technologies including the following:
- Microsoft 365 for Office Tools, IP Telephony
- Microsoft .NET / SQL for eCommerce
- Microsoft Azure
- PIM for Catalog
- IBMi RPG Free, RPG ILE, CLLE, CL, COBOL, SQLRPGLE, SQL, Curbstone
- Dell Boomi
- NetSuite SuiteScript
- AWS QLIK
- JIRA / Confluence / Rational / Git
The technology stack above includes both proprietary legacy technologies and new cloud based platforms. We are currently transitioning the proprietary legacy technologies to cloud standard platforms. Our expectation is to have these migrations complete within the next 24 to 36 months.
We are seeking to hire an experienced technology professional with knowledge and experience in large scale distribution – particularly in the automotive industry.
A summary of required qualifications follows:
- Strong domain understanding of eCommerce, CRM, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Logistics, ERP and Business Intelligence technologies in a large-scale distribution business.
- Hands on professional who will roll your sleeves up, dig in and collaboratively work with the technology team, the business stakeholders and senior management to deliver impactful outcomes for the enterprise
- A leader who is comfortable in change management to support the in-process transition from proprietary in-house systems to standard cloud platforms
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing technical talent
- Knowledge and experience in Vendor Selection and Contract Management
- Adaptive leader who is well versed in Agile development and support processes
- 7 + years’ experience in Technology Management
- 5 + years’ experience in “hands on” Technology Implementation
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems
Other Qualifications a plus
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting, and negotiating
- High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Experience successfully coaching and developing others
- Must possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data
- Exceptional organization skills
Imported Auto Parts
Imported European Auto Parts
AddressSouth San Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Imported Auto Parts