Staff Platform Systems Engineer
- Posted: 27 days ago
Join Impinj and help us realize our vision of boundless IoT—trillions of things connected to the Internet. We're inventing ways to bring all things online—including apparel, automobile parts, medical supplies, and luggage. With over 50 billion things connected to date, our platform has been used around the world. Together with our partners and customers, we solve for a better understanding of our world and how things move through it. If it's a thing, we're working to connect it.
Impinj is seeking a Platform Systems Engineer to join our Platform Architecture team. As member of the Platform Architecture team, you will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team to research and develop innovative RAIN RFID readers and gateways and various signal processing features and algorithms that are the foundation of the connectivity layer of our integrated platform. This position will work side-by-side with the Platform Software development team to design and develop the RAIN RFID algorithms that drive all our Platform Solutions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with our outside partners and customers to drive development and the deployment of our RAIN RFID solutions based on the Impinj platform. Our platform of tags, readers & gateways, and software is what allows us to give a digital identity to billions of everyday items. If you have a passion for using technology to dramatically change the way companies manage and operate their business, this is the role for you.What you will do:
- Partner with members of our platform system, software, and hardware teams to design and test innovative new RAIN RFID reader and gateway solutions.
- Collaborate with outside partners and customers to develop and deploy novel RAIN RFID solutions based on the Impinj platform.
- Create proof of concept demonstrations for customers to show potential uses of our RAIN RFID platform.
- Help pioneer applications of our RAIN RFID platform in ways which have yet to be imagined.
- Work primarily in our South Lake Union headquarters with some time also being spent at our Impinj Design Lab (IDL) in Fremont.
- Data Analysis: Dive deep into large-scale data to assess performance, building models of system behaviors, scaling into algorithmic and machine learning applications.
- Strong engineering fundamentals backed by a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or similar. Ideally, you will also have a master's degree including some relevant research work.
- Proficient Experience in coding for automation (e.g., Scala, Python, Matlab, R etc.)
- Experience in at least one object-oriented programming language such as C, C++, or Java.
- Basic knowledge of Communication Theory, basic algorithms, and Signal Processing, both in theory and in practical applications.
- Comfortable working in an Agile development process.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences and be able to adjust your communication style accordingly.
- Committed to a collaborative, respectful, accountable, and inquisitive working style, and work environment.
- We would value your expertise in data analytics and data visualization tools.
- A fundamental understanding of statistical analysis, forecasting and modeling would be helpful.
Know you're making a difference. Competitive benefits. Support for remote work or a desk with a view. Weekly Q&A sessions with our executive team. Impinj provides an environment that fosters openness and innovation and is developing technology that delivers a positive impact on the world. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have an open paid time-off policy paired with a respect for work/life balance. Our headquarters is located in Seattle with spectacular views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, which can be enjoyed from our rooftop deck. Our Brazilian site is in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul state, at "Tecnopuc," a technology park that offers a very nice workplace for the development of groundbreaking technologies. Impinj is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TechnologyView all jobs at Impinj
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?