Sr. Director of Applications Engineering
Impinj Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Join Impinj and help us realize our vision of boundless IoT—trillions of things connected to the Internet. We’re inventing ways to bring all things online—including apparel, automobile parts, medical supplies, and luggage. With over 50 billion things connected to date, our platform has been used around the world. Together with our partners and customers, we solve for a better understanding of our world and how things move through it. If it’s a thing, we’re working to connect it.
The Senior Director, Applications Engineering will report to the Chief Product Officer, leading a team of applications engineers in the fields of wireless hardware systems, software, semiconductors, and devices. The applications team is responsible for enabling and supporting partners to develop advanced IoT solutions based on Impinj RAIN RFID products and technologies. This role will be responsible for defining and executing the necessary technical training, technical documentation, partner toolkits, and technical demonstrations to enable an extensive ecosystem of partners to innovate with our products. As the subject matter expert, the team will also work closely with field applications engineers to engage and support engineers and technical leadership at partners and end-users to develop and deploy RAIN RFID IoT solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of applications engineers that advise, enable, and support partners and end customers via a common set of methodologies and best practices
- Manage the process and execution for creating and maintaining technical enablement tools for new products: technical documents, application notes, training, videos, reference designs, demonstrations, and sample code
- Engage with technical leadership at customers and partners to help define and develop new IoT solutions with the necessary whole product to drive mass-market adoption of RAIN connectivity
- Collaborate with Impinj engineering, product management, and field applications engineering to deliver and customize new product, platform, and use-case capabilities to meet requirements for emerging IoT use cases
- Provide support to strategic partners in characterizing and optimizing product performance across all layers of our RAIN RFID platform
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to broader applications engineering organization, inclusive of our field solution engineers and customer support engineers
What you’ll bring:
- 15+ years of experience leading and mentoring successful engineering or applications engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience working with technology leaders (CTOs, principal engineers, etc.) to understand requirements and translate these into technical solutions
- In-depth knowledge of radio communication theory, radio design and digital signal processing
- Relevant understanding of and industry experience in RF semiconductors, distributed computing, IOT/ Cloud computing, wireless communications infrastructure, and/or embedded sensor systems
- Experience with wireless standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation abilities, to effectively represent Impinj and our platform to technical audiences, both internal and external
- Master’s degree in engineering or computer science; PhD is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 30%, including some international travel
Why work at Impinj:
Know you’re making a difference. Competitive benefits. Support for remote work or a desk with a view. Weekly Q&A sessions with our executive team. Impinj provides an environment that fosters openness and innovation and is developing technology that delivers a positive impact on the world. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have an open paid-time-off policy paired with a respect for work/life balance. Our headquarters is located in Seattle with spectacular views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, which can be enjoyed from our rooftop deck. Impinj is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
TechnologyView all jobs at Impinj