Senior Product Applications Engineer, Connectivity Devices
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join Impinj and help us realize our vision of boundless IoT—trillions of things connected to the Internet. We're inventing ways to bring all things online—including apparel, automobile parts, medical supplies, and luggage. With over 50 billion things connected to date, our platform has been used around the world. Together with our partners and customers, we solve for a better understanding of our world and how things move through it. If it's a thing, we're working to connect it.
As a Senior Product Applications engineer you will demonstrate technical domain expertise and adept communication skills to enable the technical success of our partners and customers developing IoT solutions based on Impinj RAIN RFID reader and firmware products. The role will be focused on technical guidance and support to partners and customers, define and deliver training programs, technical documentation, competitive insights, partner toolkits, technical demonstrations, and development support. This is an outstanding opportunity to play a meaningful role in empowering industry-leading customers and partners in the rapidly growing IoT space.What will you do:
- Assume the role as a technical bridge between our customers and sales and various engineering teams
- Work closely with sales, product management, and partners to support sales opportunities
- Be the product domain specialist while working with the technical enablement team to educate both colleagues and partners on new products, building solutions, and RFID best practices
- Generate and maintain technical documents, product application notes, videos, and sample code
- Design, conduct, analyze, and communicate test results on our products for the purposes of recommended best practices, optimizing solutions, and supporting engineering, marketing, and product management
- Identify and document applied knowledge of products and benchmark against competition
- Design and present demonstrations for training, industry tradeshows, and proof of concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation abilities, to effectively represent Impinj and our platform to technical audiences, both internal and external
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to understand requirements and translate these into technical solutions
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in wireless communications infrastructure, distributed computing, IOT/ Cloud computing, or embedded sensor systems
- Knowledge of RF principles associated with link budgets, antenna propagation, and characteristics of unlicensed spectrums
- Bachelor's degree in STEM from an accredited college or university
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 15%, including some international travel
The benefits listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Impinj and the country where you work.
The typical base pay range for this role across the US is $110,000 - $175,000. Individual base pay depends on various factors such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties, requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Both market wage data and the mid-point of the pay range is reviewed and used as the starting point for all new hire offers. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Impinj certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role. US based employees have access to healthcare benefits; a 401(k) plan and company match among others.
For a more comprehensive list of US employment benefits, click here.
Know you're making a difference. Competitive benefits. Support for remote work or a desk with a view. Weekly Q&A sessions with our executive team. Impinj provides an environment that fosters openness and innovation and is developing technology that delivers a positive impact on the world. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have an open paid time-off policy paired with a respect for work/life balance. Our headquarters is located in Seattle with spectacular views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, which can be enjoyed from our rooftop deck. Our Brazilian site is in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul state, at "Tecnopuc," a technology park that offers a very nice workplace for the development of groundbreaking technologies. Impinj is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
BusinessView all jobs at Impinj
Get fresh Product Applications Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.