Sr R&D Test Engineer
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Job Title: Sr R&D Test Engineer
Location: This position is based in our Campbell, California offices. This position is on-site, full-time and requires some travel.
Why Imperative Care?
Do you want to make a real impact on patients? Imperative Care is changing the way stroke is treated. As part of our team, you’d be developing breakthroughs that will revolutionize the future of stroke care. Every day, the technologies that we develop at Imperative Care directly impact human lives. Our focus is on the needs of the patient, and they come first in everything we do.
What You’ll Do
The Sr R&D Test Engineer plays a key role in developing a safe and effective device. Working from the requirements, this position has a critical eye on the physical behavior of the Company’s products. Together with the product development team, you will share the responsibility of realizing the full potential of our technology. The successful candidate will have entrepreneurial spirit, the required persistence to succeed in a start-up environment, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal direction and supervision. This position is responsible for designing and documenting overall test strategies, test methods, and associated fixturing/automation to support both explorative and formal verification testing of the Company’s products.
- Your key responsibility is to measure and quantify the physical characteristics and performance of the device by experimental design. Your knowledge of solid and fluid mechanics, engineering statistics, and other areas of testing and analysis should translate in hardware and software implementations of test platforms and their validation, including test methods and data analysis tools.
- Develop test methods and equipment for evaluating and comparing performance of devices for concept selection, design optimization, design verification & validation.
- Develop and maintain the company’s overall bench testing technologies & competencies. Good communication with peers and management in the continuous feedback loop between device design and testing is essential.
- Maintain intimate knowledge and understanding of all relevant external standards (ISO, ASTM, CFR, etc.) and act as subject matter expert in the interpretation and application of those standards as they apply to formal test methods.
- Travel to third-party testing facilities and industry conferences as required
What You’ll Bring
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years related experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with product testing, test method development/validation and automated data collection.
- Programming experience in Matlab, Simulink, Python, C++, or other applicable languages.
- Working knowledge of standard laboratory equipment such as mechanical tests frames, load cells, environmental conditioning chambers, and scales.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Employee Benefits include a stake in our collective success with stock options, competitive salaries, a 401k plan, health benefits, generous PTO, and a parental leave program.
Join Us! Apply Today.
Salary Range: $123,000 - 128,000/annually
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Imperative Care considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, and internal equity, as well as location, market and business considerations when extending an offer. As part of our total rewards package, Imperative Care offers comprehensive benefits including a 401k plan, health benefits, generous PTO, a parental leave program and emotional health resources.
Powered by JazzHR
Imperative CareCampbell, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.