Senior Space Planning Manager
Impec Group is aggressively recruiting for the role of Senior Space Planning Manager. As the Senior Space Planning Manager, you will be a responsible member of the strategic occupancy planning, program management, workplace design, and moves team. You will work side-by-side on projects with your team of occupancy planners, workplace designers, and MAC professionals. You will be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. This role is designated as an on-site position, located in Sunnyvale, California. There is no opportunity for remote or hybrid work dynamics.
Primary Function of Position
In this role, you will
- Perform strategic occupancy planning, scenario planning, programmatic strategy, space planning, workplace design, and design standards for facility projects.
- Participate in workplace strategies for internal business functions that support collaboration and productivity and are aligned with company objectives. This includes change management, business case development, and tracking design trends that impact space requirements.
- Take business requirements and translate them to occupancy planning and space utilization plans.
- Develop, manage, and implement space solutions to maximize safety, efficiency, and foster innovation.
- Participate in occupancy planning and workplace design efforts for the post-pandemic workplace.
- Partner with project managers, facility managers, and engineers on multiple facility design and construction projects - supporting program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning, and task delegation. Identify and drive process improvements and program enhancements for existing programs.
- Periodically represent our facility operations team within cross-functional teams and the organization at large.
- Use previous experience to influence innovation and negotiate to drive and ensure the resolution of all technical and process issues.
- Report on, or support program updates on a weekly and monthly basis to all levels of the organization. Highlight risks and opportunities with the project teams and senior leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities
PLANNING and CAPITAL EXPENSE PROJECTS:
- Perform occupancy planning, provide workplace design standards, review architectural plans, serve as a design liaison between architect and internal users, support with test fits, and lead move management on large capital projects.
- Support project management, strategic sourcing, and procurement teams with the selection of service providers and vendors, including architects, engineers, FF&E, and other specific consultants.
- Partner with Project Management leaders on design management - provide input and review of conceptual, schematic, and design development plans, and construction documents for consistency with our design playbook. Input required for architecture, interiors, furniture, transition planning, and closeout.
- Participate in occupancy analysis reporting to effectively communicate occupancy/vacancy ratios, headcount projections, and workplace conditions. Develop occupancy scenario plans, analyze workplace data, and engage with internal customers to develop innovative solutions.
- Customer interface at all levels for gathering and validating headcount growth projections, lab equipment deployment, and all programmatic space requirements. Translate into test fit layouts and socialize for approval.
- Negotiates space among user groups to maximize the use of real estate while enhancing adjacencies to improve collaboration and workflow.
- Manage space planning on Centerstone to ensure the integrity of data.
- Manage relocations, working closely with project managers and internal customers. Develop and execute project planning activities, the timing of group moves/relocations, migration and phasing plans, stack and block plans, test-fits, and final relocations, assuring smooth, organized transitions on each project.
WORKPLACE STRATEGY AND DESIGN:
- Lead workplace strategy and design, including assessing workplace needs, measuring work environment efficiency, effectiveness, and experience, and proposing changes to strategies.
- Bring insight to Intuitive into external workplace strategies and related innovations that may be appropriate for our firm to consider.
- Lead our companywide post-pandemic workplace strategy and design efforts.
- Understand critical business/work processes and help develop workplace models that align with our business goals.
- Assist in the development of change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage of new work environments.
- Lead our relocation services efforts including moves, adds, and changes teams.
- Provide guidance, support, and oversight for move managers with a focus on the US portfolio.
- Periodically provide input and support regarding moves outside the US on an as-needed basis.
Annual Salary Range
- The stated Salary range, based on candidate experience and competencies, for this role in Sunnyvale, CA is $99,165 to $135,101.
About Impec Group
Since its founding in 1991, Impec Group's mission is to deliver human-centric workplace solutions based on clients' needs in support of the lifecycle of the workplace. Impec Group started serving the critical needs of the cleanrooms and electronic assemblies in the hi-tech and life science sectors in Silicon Valley. Since then, our services have expanded to encompass strategy, CRE technology, project management, staffing, and consultancy.
- Choice of select medical plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Simple Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Plan with employer contribution (matching up to 3%)
- A great organizational culture centered on transparency, honest communication, prescribed process, and personal responsibility.
Employment authorization will be conducted via E-Verify within the first three days of employment.Impec Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Impec GroupSunnyvale, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.