Senior Facility Manager (SIGNING BONUS)
- Expired: September 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Impec Group focuses on the human touch --- which encompasses our collective experiences, health, safety, and wellbeing in the workspace. We exist to serve people. Our mission is people's success within the workplace industry through Innovation, Integration, and Integrity. By integrating innovation and integrity, we help people succeed in the workplace. We think bigger, bolder, and dive deeper into the built-environment solutions. Impec Group seeks a Senior Facilities Manager for a client site in San Jose, California. This role is essential and requires onsite presence.
Our client is a family-friendly science and technology center in the heart of our downtown community. Our client features hands-on activities, experimental labs and design challenge experiences that empower people to innovate with creativity, curiosity, and compassion.
The Senior Facility Manager role is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Associate Vice President of Operations. This hands-on position has overall responsibility for the repair, maintenance and daily facilities needs for both the Interactive and the business office spaces. This position also oversees and works closely with the Safety and Security Manager to ensure a safe and secure environment. Certifications such as the CFM, the FMP, and BOMA are highly desirable.
• Operate and maintain major building systems, including HVAC, BMS system, lighting and electrical, plumbing, sump pumps, water treatment, compressed air/vacuum systems, locks, keys, and card access systems, structural maintenance and maintenance scheduling, work order system, facilities tools, annual maintenance inspections, spare parts inventory, and motor pool.
• Be active in the daily repair and upkeep of main facility spaces and the business office. This includes lighting replacement, maintenance, painting, patching wall projects, cubicle restructuring and moves, furniture relocation, minor facility repairs, and other ongoing needs.
• Determine when maintenance can be done in-house and when an outside vendor or contractor is required. Source, hire, schedule, and be the point person for vendors and contractors as needed.
• Build relationships with and support other departmental projects and maintenance as needed. Ensure that the Facilities team acts as a backup and additional staff as appropriate.
• Assign tasks and monitor work of small facilities staff and a Security and Safety Manager. Provide mentoring and training for staff.
• Manage and support the Security and Safety Manager on any safety protocols
• Work with and maintain open communication with various City of San José entities and other outside stakeholders to ensure beneficial partnership, especially on projects directly related to the client operations.
• Work with the Safety and Security Manager to oversee the operation of security contract including interfacing with the contractor, as well as the training and monitoring of contracted security staff.
• Respond to emergencies under the guidelines of The Tech's emergency response protocol on all schedules as the first point of contact. This may include after hours and some work outside our normal business hours.
• Prioritize organizational needs, complaints, and work orders, coordinating with other departments to schedule a time frame for completion and scheduling work assignments.
• Ensure compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, safety policies, and procedures.
• Coordinate procurement of equipment, supplies, and materials to perform required duties effectively and efficiently.
• Manage contracted services, including elevator and escalator maintenance, life safety and public address systems maintenance, fire sprinkler system, lift equipment maintenance, pest control, site inspections, janitorial services, HVAC systems, and garbage and recycling including e-waste pick up.
• Create, organize and manage the Facilities budget, and project expenses and monitor costs related to the building including electricity and maintenance.
• Support the installation and removal of exhibits, including adding electrical circuits, replacing carpets, and making minor structural modifications (new walls, etc.).
• Support the production of all events at The Tech Interactive, including set up of chairs, tables, pipe and drape, and floor mats; monitoring access by caterers and other vendors; managing traffic at the loading docks; adding temporary electrical circuits; and overseeing pre-event and post-event clean-up and inspections.
• Provide expertise on building operations and system requirements for significant initiatives, including, but not limited to, IMAX Dome Theater renovations, business office moves, and expansion of client sites.
• Attend necessary internal and external meetings to stay abreast of projects, programs, and events that may impact daily operations.
• Act as Manager of Day (MOD) as scheduled.
• Work several days a quarter on The Interactive floor as part of the organization's infusion program.
• Work with the Laison Team on Park Habitat development
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in the facilities or equivalent field in positions showing progressive responsibility including oversight and management of a facility and people.
• Hands-on, can-do, jack-of-all-trades background and attitude. • Ability to work onsite daily in a busy public setting.
• Experience in a daily operational venue with high guest traffic is a plus.
• Basic Electrical and plumbing experience
• Ability to build relationships and work with contractors and city departments for permitting with support from other teams.
• Ability to teach and mentor staff.
• Experience overseeing maintenance of large HVAC systems.
• Understanding of OSHA requirements as they relate to the functioning of systems, construction, and building operations while maintaining all safety protocols.
• Basic computer and database skills (needed to operate building maintenance software, respond to emails, write reports, etc.).
• Expertise with hand and power tools with the ability to set and enforce safety standards.
• Mastery of common building hardware such as door openers, lavatory fixtures, etc.
• Organizational and Project management skills
• Excellent people and communication skills and ability to work well cross-departmentally, with staff, volunteers, contractors, the public, and government agencies, including the City of San José.
• Willingness to work some weekend days plus some evenings and holidays.
• Ability to carry out daily duties, including the ability to lift, bend, climb, reach, push and pull.
• Scissor lift experience with the ability to be certified.
• Forklift experience is a plus.
• Valid CA Driver's license with a suitable driving record to be covered by the client's auto insurance.
- $1,000 signing bonus payable at 90 days
- Choice of select medical plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Simple Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Plan with employer contribution (matching up to 3%)
- A great organizational culture centered on transparency, honest communication, prescribed process, and personal responsibility.
Employment authorization will be conducted via E-Verify within the first three days of employment.
Impec Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity),national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
AddressSan Jose, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Impec Group
Get fresh Northwell Health HR jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.