The Manager, Account Management is responsible to ensure that the Account Management team is growing and maintaining profitable revenue from new and existing Impact XM clients. Collaborate with Global Sales on training procedures, development plans, and to ensure accuracy of CRM, forecasts, project status, project value, estimates and timeline invoicing of projects. Collaborate with Global Operations leadership on work order accuracy and detail, refinement or introduction of processes and systems, gather feedback from the Operations team, and participate in regular Production meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities as outlined in this Job Description may be changed from time to time by the Corporation, as it deems necessary, without further notice to the Employee.
The Manager, Account Management must drive effective and efficient account management of new and existing client business. Responsible for oversight and leadership of the Account Management team, ensuring that the team:
- Adhere to all Impact XM processes, policies and procedures accurately and efficiently
- Promote growth within accounts by providing a high level of service and identifying opportunities for incremental revenue
- Manage all assigned client projects in accordance with Impact XM policies and practices to best meet client needs
- Complete final event costing within 12 days following the close of each event, and invoice accurately (with input from the Account Director)
- Support forecasting schedule of upcoming events and budgets for all assigned accounts
- Assess packing lists, final show services order packets and detail drawings for accuracy
- Manage multiple teams onsite for the event execution, while monitoring timelines and budgets
- Strive for continuous improvement through completion of Post Project Reports, regular 1:1 meetings, and knowledge sharing with the broader team
Manager, Account Management will need to perform the following:
- Management responsibility for Account Management team
- Develop Account Management objectives and strategies related to client program and strategy development
- Coach and counsel of staff
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit talent and develop retention strategies
- In collaboration with Vice President, Account Management, hire, mentor and build training programs for Account Managers & Account Coordinators, as required to support company and department needs
- Establish regular 1:1 meetings with team members, to review project/program status, coaching & development progress, and assess areas for improvement/training
- Consistent dialogue with Sales & Operations individuals to assess training and development opportunities, new processes & strategies
- Regular team meetings to review new processes, gather feedback for other departments, and communicate organizational updates
- Identify annual team performance metrics and individualized development plans for Account Management team members; work with each individual to accomplish
- Review team expenditures and implement strategies to reduce costs and maximize return on investment
- Ensure team supports the development of detailed post event reports, including margin, client ROI and other key metrics
- Review & audit final quotes for accuracy and completeness based on the approved estimate and the client requirements
- Provide overflow Account Management support on clients and programs, as required
- Assign & manage resources to new and existing clients, as required
- Support Sales team to develop annual forecasts
- Perform regular performance reviews for all team members
Directly supervises 5-15 employees in the Sales Support Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of the human rights legislation.)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business Administration or in a related field; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Dynamics Accounting software; Microsoft Office suite of software.
Other Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.