Job #1132 - Life Safety Code Surveyor - All States
- $72,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
JOB TITLE (#1132): Life Safety Code Surveyor - All States
CMS's Long-Term Care Basic Training and SMQT certification are required
Impact Recruiting Solutions is currently seeking a Life Safety Code Surveyor to fill an opening with a Quality Improvement Consulting Company and will work in a technically exciting environment supporting internal and external customers nationwide.
Requirements of the Life Safety Code Surveyor:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in Life Safety Code inspections and fire safety in accrediting or certifying facilities that serve residents of long-term care facilities.
- Must have successfully completed CMS's Basic Life Safety Code Training.
- Fire Inspector 1 (NFPA) certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated history of, and possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities, to conduct Federal surveys, complaints investigations and respond to crisis situations in accordance with Federal laws, regulations, guidelines, the State Operations Manual (SOM), and protocols established by the Federal government for the conduct of such operations.
- Demonstrated history of independent decision-making skills to direct and effectively manage the survey process, ability to set priorities independently and collectively, ability to openly discuss conflicts/controversy, and ability to seek assistance when appropriate to make decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Possess evidence of current education regarding the standards of practice in the field of fire protection and current standards of practice in life safety.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the work time regularly is required.
- Must be able to work in settings with infectious diseases
Benefits of the Life Safety Code Surveyor:
- The salary for this position is $72,000.00 To 78,000.00 / yr
- This is a Full-time position (Monday - Friday)
- Flexible paid vacation days
- Paid holidays
- Company-issued and company-paid Amex card for travel
- All travel expenses paid directly by the company
- Airline and hotel points accumulate for employee's personal use
- Employee discounts
- Employee retirement plan (401k) with a generous match and immediate vesting
- Company-paid tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid disability insurance
- Extensive training opportunity
- Predictable work schedule
Responsibilities of the Life Safety Code Surveyor:
Under general supervision, conduct Federal surveys in long-term care facilities to assess facility compliance with federal requirements. Conduct follow-up/revisits, complaints, or special investigations or monitoring reviews and be available to conduct a crisis review affecting residents of long-term care facilities. The responsibility of the Life Safety Code Surveyor is to act as the focal point for the consistent application of methods, data collection, and reporting to the Project Manager during the onsite or remote survey. Specific Duties include:
- Visiting long-term care facilities around the country to perform the surveys and report findings to our Maryland location.
- Being involved in activities such as investigation of complaints and incidents concerning facilities or individuals.
- Prepare clear and concise reports and be prepared to testify regarding survey findings.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner that is open to inquiry and exchange, and be responsive to verbal and nonverbal communication cues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager including, but not limited to:
- Participating in special projects.
- Assist in developing, writing, and testing the survey process and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Serving as a preceptor for new surveyors.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to research, collect, organize, interpret, and communicate a large volume of information from multiple sources (i.e. documentation and interview) to assess the health care provider and regulatory agency's ability to comply with State and Federal statutes and regulations.
- Perform all activities in a manner that is sensitive to, and respectful of all internal and external customers.
- Foster behavior that is consistent with teamwork, quality performance, respect for the individual, dependability, empowerment, and responsiveness.
- Project professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Effectively utilize technology (computers, internet, email, faxes, copiers, etc.) in performing assigned duties.
If you would like to learn more about other opportunities we offer, please call our office: (607) 478 1810 or submit your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Recruiting SolutionLandover, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.