- Posted: 9 days ago
Impact is looking to add a Cloud Engineer to our growing Managed IT Operations team.
The Cloud Engineer specializes in migrating workloads to the Cloud by staying current with Cloud-related technology trends, careful planning and collaborative teamwork to overcome obstacles along the way. To realize success in this role the Cloud Engineer will need to leverage both their social and technical skills to assist Field Network Engineers and Virtual Chief Information Officers with Microsoft-related solution design, implementation and varying degrees of technical support. The position will require several different skills beyond what is stated here. The focus of any job at Impact is always Excellent Customer Service.
- Partner with other Impact staff members to design and develop secure and efficient Microsoft Cloud-focused IaaS / PaaS solutions
- Deploy identity, cloud desktops, virtual machines, storage solutions and other related services in Microsoft Azure.
- Implement baseline configurations for Azure workloads to promote standardization + best practices across all customer environments.
- Quote Cloud projects and other related sales opportunities
- Triage and, if necessary, own escalated technical support escalations from colleagues throughout Impact.
- Work to maintain the company’s Cloud-related project plans
- Document work performed and time spent via Impact ticketing system
Things We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of migrating technical workloads in customer environments
- 2+ years of administrative experience with Microsoft Azure migrations and related workloads.
- 2+ years of identity and access management administrative experience.
- Experience with hybrid environments, Azure Virtual Desktop, Remote Desktop Services, Azure Active Directory Domain Services, Azure Active Directory and Azure Files.
- Hands on experience with network management including, but not limited to, VPN gateway administration, network security, peering, monitoring and failover administration.
- An ability to work with little to no supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Nerdio Manager for MSP.
- Microsoft certifications are highly desired.
- Powershell or other automation orchestration skills with a focus on maximizing efficiency to save time.
- Experience with change management and service adoption strategies in live customer environments.
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) match & retirement plans
- Student Loan reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities
13875 W Boulton BlvdLake Forest, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Impact Networking
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?