Associate Field Network Engineer
Impact is hiring an Associate Field Network Engineer for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace!
The Associate Field Network Engineer (AFNE) will be utilized in many different capacities to ensure client onboarding and ongoing maintenance is completed on time and to Impact standards. The Associate FNE will support the MIT team in all technology related activities as well as further developing our company’s positive reputation through exceptional service. The role of the Associate Field Network Engineer is a challenging and rewarding position. The role requires a strong technical skill set along with excellent interpersonal skills. There are many hats to be worn and all require different skills. The focus of any job at Impact is always Excellent Customer Service.Responsibilities Pre-Sales
- Participate in Business Transformation Assessments (BTA). Focused on discovery, compiling information, and gathering data. This includes onsite discovery as well as physical review and documentation of IT assets.
- When necessary, assist the assigned FNE with all pre-sales meetings and client facing information requests. The emphasis is always on showing the value, capability, and professionalism of our Managed IT services. Our goal is partnering with the client on our fully managed IT program.
- Participate in end user on-boarding meetings to help explain the Complete Care program and show clients how to interact with our Service Desk. Most work done by the Associate FNE during the Pre-Sales stages will be directed by the District Manager, vCIO, or FNE.
- The Associate FNE will assist with client technical activities. All Associate level work will be assigned, reviewed, and approved by the assigned FNE, Lead FNE, vCIO or District Manager. This role requires the technical skills to assist implementation of the core MIT networking technologies. These include Windows Server, Hyper-V, VMWare, Exchange, SharePoint, firewalls, switches, BDR solutions, PowerShell, Active Directory, Group Policy configuration, and cloud services such as Office 365, G-Suite, and Azure.
- Work with the Service Desk and Operations teams to plan and implement the client management and maintenance plans that include Windows and 3rd party software patching, A/V profiles and scan schedules, workstation clean up, Active Directory management, backup maintenance, and all network documentation.
- Work with clients’ line of business vendors.
- Identifies, documents, and troubleshoots user computing issues to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Identifies user problems and works within a structured problem management and resolution process to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services.
- Utilizes Impact improved technologies to deliver on-site and remote user support services.
- On time documentation of issues within Impact’s ticket system.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers and engineers that further develop our company’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to the company.
- Follows a set of standards for documentation of customer network status and activities.
- Server Administration
- Experience with Windows 2012-2019 Server
- Active Directory management and maintenance
- DNS, DHCP, and Remote Desktop Services
- Understanding of VMWare, Hyper-V and other virtualization technologies
- Storage solutions: SAN, NAS, and Shared Storage
- Firewalls, switches, and other networking technologies
- Cisco Meraki, HP, and other technologies
- Backup technologies
- Office 365, Azure and other cloud solutions
- Mobile operating systems (IOS, Android, Windows)
- RMM tools such as N-Able, Kasaya or LabTech
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Microsoft Fundamental certifications
- CompTIA certifications
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared for on-site work with clients
- Excellent technical writing ability
- 3 or more years relevant experience as a:
- NOC Technician, NOC Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, IT Administrator, IT Specialist, Network Technician, etc.
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(K) match & retirement plans
- Student Loan reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities
Impact NetworkingHammond, IN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.