Teachers Assistant / Early Childhood Education / ABA Therapist
Impact Learning & Development Rapid City, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Impact Learning & Development (formerly Black Hills Behavior) is a leading provider of center based, in-home, and in-school ABA therapy for clients with Autism or other developmental disabilities. We are seeking candidates to join the team as an ABA Therapist/Behavior Technician. We have opportunities for both entry-level (no previous experience) and experienced Registered Behavior Technicians. As a Registered Behavior Technician, you will gain experience working directly with a Board Certified Behavior Analysts to provide ABA therapy to clients ranging from 18 months to 14 years of age.
Behavior Technician Responsibilities:
- Structured one-on-one instruction with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities in clinic, home, school and/or community settings
- Create a fun and supportive learning environment for children with special needs
- Implement educational programs and behavior interventions as designed by a Behavior Analyst Supervisor
- Promote the development of functional communication skills (i.e. speaking and using assistive communication devices
- Provide instruction on social skills (i.e. social interactions, play behavior, and conversational skills)
- Support independence with adaptive living skills (daily routines)
- Collect clinical data and track progress
- Participate in team meetings with a BCBA, parents and other team members
- Full Time (35-40 hours/week) and Part Time (8-34 hours/week) positions available, M-F with at least 2 days/week between the hours of 3:00pm-5:00pm.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with amazing children and their families
- Comprehensive training & supervision by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid Holidays and time off for full-time staff
- No weekends!
- Technology and access to our state-of-the art clinical portal, where you can attend training and access curriculum!
- High School Diploma
- Registered Behavior Technician - RBT (Don't have this? We can provide you with the resources to obtain it!)
- CPR and First Aid Certification (Don't have this? We can provide you with the resources needed to obtain it!)
- Experience working with children
- Possess a reliable means of transportation, valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a willingness to travel
- Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing both written and verbal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Compassion and understanding
- Legal authorization to work in the United States of America
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis and/or managing children with challenging behaviors
- Related college coursework (credits in Early Childhood Development, Education or Psychology)
Physical Demands (the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, run, sit, stand and drive. The employee is also required to use their hands and reach with their arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to intervene in physically demanding behavioral interventions with potentially physically aggressive clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
Impact Learning & DevelopmentWhy Work Here?
Awesome team, great benefits, lots of room for growth!
Analytical, goal-driven, empowering, and supportive ABA Services for children in the Black Hills area of South Dakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska. Through the use of evidence-based teaching methods, our ABA treatment programs change behaviors. Our goal is to promote independence and give children and families a greater quality of life.
2475 West Chicago StreetRapid City, SD
HealthcareView all jobs at Impact Learning & Development