Technical Director, Architecture
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title Technical Director, Architecture Director, Architecture
Business Unit iDnA
Reports to Chief Architect Officer
Date Opened January 2023
Target Start Date January 2023
Impact Housing (IH) is a Southern California, mission-driven company that designs, develops, constructs, and manages unsubsidized housing for low- and moderate-income households. Utilizing the efficiencies of off-site construction and modular design, IH is rapidly growing and developing workforce housing in San Diego and Los Angeles. IH’s architecture company, iDnA, is recruiting a Technical Director, Architecture to oversee the production and review of high-quality, coordinated, and consistent technical documents and details across all its projects.
iDnA is seeking an experienced Technical Director, Architecture with a minimum of fifteen or more years of architecture and multi-family design experience. The Technical Director will develop, oversee, and monitor the architectural and technical production, as well as quality control, of projects from schematic design through construction documentation. The Technical Director also develops standards and details utilized for all IH projects. The Technical Director must be thoroughly familiar with the entire architectural process and possess the knowledge needed to ensure adherence to IH’s, as well as industry, quality standards and best technical practices.
The Technical Director is well-versed with the technical, design, code, detail, and approvals problem-solving components of multi-family and mixed-use projects. They work day-to-day with both iDnA and IH staff to develop and document standards and procedures regarding all aspects of architectural production, detailing, quality control, and jurisdictional approvals. They also work with the Chief Architect Officer, Senior Project Managers, and IH leadership to develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures and key performance indicators. The Technical Director works well within a cross-disciplinary environment including fellow team members, consultants, and building officials, and is knowledgeable of a wide range of technical and management applications (California Building Code, AD for Accessible Design, Excel, Smartsheet, etc.).
- Years of Experience: minimum 15 or more years of directed career work including substantive experience on Type III and Type III over Type I multifamily projects as well as familiarity with software applications utilized for architectural design and the management of projects such as but not limited to Bluebeam Revu, Excel, Smartsheet, or equal.
- Education: first professional degree from an accredited program required
- Certification(s): licensed architect
- Key Skills
- Architectural Experience
- Detailed understanding of the code, technical, detailing, and production requirements of Type III multi-family residential and Type III over Type I mixed-use design as evidenced by work on previous projects
- Demonstrated experience managing and documenting project quality control to assess and ensure the coordination of work products prepared across multiple disciplines
- Leadership Experience: experience leading an architectural team as evidenced by the quality of team work on previous projects
- Communicator: of design concepts and work in both written and visual formats
- Collaborator: works well jointly and cooperatively with others to develop ideas and work and open to input from others
- Self-Starter: able to manage and document work and schedule towards completion of tasks and projects
- Motivator: experience managing individuals and/or teams towards project success in area of expertise
- Oversight, development, standardization, and quality control of architectural technology and production processes and architectural quality control and assurance across all IH projects.
- All prospective Impact Housing and iDnA employees need to demonstrate eligibility to work in the U.S.
Please send cover letter, resume, and work samples (pdf format, 10mb maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the high volume of resumes we receive; we only respond to those we interview.
- Centrally located Downtown Los Angeles office with convenient transit access
- Completive salary range: $125,000 to $215,000 dependent upon experience and licensure
- Health benefits
- Paid time off
- Bonus program
- Equity ownership
Impact Housing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, medical condition, pregnancy, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Impact Housing
Get fresh Identification jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.