Management of merchandising display projects for several major brands. The position comprises of receiving client briefs, providing direction to material suppliers, reviewing designs and providing feedback to material designers and liaising with IFS production team to ensure efficient manufacturability. The position provides assistance to the Account Managers in presenting the designs to the customer and insuring the component specifications are accurate and complete.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assure that Impact Fulfillment Services, Inc. will consistently deliver products which meet and/or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Assist in the quoting, designing and testing of new and existing customer projects.
- Recommend methods of improving new and existing packages to customers.
- Define packaging equipment requirements to meet market needs and industry standards.
- Evaluates and implements cost savings opportunities for the equipment and facilities.
- Coordinates and interacts with vendor personnel and suppliers in the installation, commissioning and debugging of packaging equipment.
- Support the design, prototype, and qualifications of a new package in the primary, secondary and tertiary to meet the customer’s needs.
- Reviews the customer’s specifications to ensure the specifications are correct to Impact Fulfillment Service’s needs.
- Resolve any package problems that will assist our customers.
- Encourage in risk-taking to benefit the company, innovation to Impact Fulfillment Services, give out creative ideas in all aspects towards the company.
- Some travel is required, to visit other sites and vendors.
- Additional duties as may be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required from an accredited University; a major in Packaging Engineering is highly desirable.
- At least 1-5 years of related package development and engineering experience preferred
- Ability to interpret and work with/on CAD drawings, renderings, samples, etc.
- Knowledgeable of packaging equipment systems and packaging technology.
- Ability to conduct proper testing, be knowledgeable of ASTM testing, ISTA testing and ISO.
- Awareness of industry trends and developments in packaging.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in cost savings beneficial
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement lean methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Well versed in computer applications and software.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including WORD and EXCEL (Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc)