Operations Manager (Manufacturing)
Impact Fulfillment Services - IFS Edwardsville, IL
- Posted: 29 days ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical
Operations Manager - CRN
Responsible for the operational performance of a site location’s production, warehouse, and maintenance departments. Provides leadership to department managers and supervisors to ensure their departments are staffed, trained, and capable of meeting customer, and regulatory, requirements.
- Ensure Production Line Supervisors have the tools necessary to perform their essential job functions, including training, communication skills, staffing, and technical support.
- Ensure daily production schedules are accurate and materials are available to run production.
- Responsible for ensuring that Production Line Supervisors are communicating line set-up requirements to Warehouse Supervisor, and staff.
- Ensure the Production and Warehouse departments for the site are properly staffed, trained, and motivated to meet IFS objectives and exceed customer requirements.
- Completes all required reports on time, and holds Supervisors accountable for their reporting responsibilities. Track, trend, and report on departmental metrics to ensure efficiency.
- Work with the Quality Department to ensure SOP’s and other quality documentation relating to departmental functions are accurate.
- Analyze third party procedures and ensure that IFS operational standards meet their requirements.
- Review, and approve, time off requests, monitor hourly employee attendance points and hold Supervisors accountable for disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Set goals for the departments and establish methods to obtain those goals.
- Support IFS continuous improvement efforts.
- Work in conjunction with all members of the management team to foster a team environment and help to ensure the overall success of Impact Fulfillment Services.
- Follow all site and OSHA safety rules while in office areas and on production floor. Set an example for all employees by adhering to the site Dress Code including wearing all required PPE.
- Additional duties as may be assigned
- Maintain relevant professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Job Specifications (Includes Education/Certifications/Licenses, etc.)
- Minimum 4 year degree or comparable experience in Production and Warehouse Operations, and Supervision.
- Experience in management of team members and team development required.
- Experience in cost savings analysis beneficial.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement lean methodologies required.
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills a plus.
- Excellent oral, and written, communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Occasional sitting throughout workday for phone use, computer work, and face-to-face meetings.
- Occasional standing and walking throughout workday while on the production floor.
- Climb stairs to and from office area.
- Partial day in an office environment with moderate temperature, good lighting, and low to moderate noise level.
- Partial day on production floor environment with seasonal high and low temperatures, good lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects the general detail considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
We’re hard-working, out-of-the-box-thinking people focused on one goal: Creating real Impact for you, so you can deliver maximum Impact to your customers.
IFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability.
Impact Fulfillment Services - IFSWhy Work Here?
We’re hard-working, out-of-the-box-thinking people focused on one goal: Creating real Impact for you and our customers!
Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, Impact Fulfillment Services, LLC (IFS) provides outsourced contract packaging and distribution services to leading branded consumer products companies in the United States. The company’s primary services include final assembly of point-of-purchase displays and custom packaging, such as blister packages and shrink wraps, for consumer goods sold through the club and mass retail channels. We’re hard-working, out-of-the-box-thinking people focused on one goal: Creating real Impact for you, so you can deliver maximum Impact to your customers. https://impactfs.com/ IFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability.